13 spd. clashes into low range

dogg rescue

I've got a '96 ch with a t-2130 that clashes into low range. It's a weller reman, and it's the second one, the first one was doing the same thing. My local dealer installed it and it's been back several times to remedy the problem to no avail. The splitter valve was changed once for sure, the other times they have just said, "they checked everything over, and it should be good now." So eventually they said enough with it and installed the second one, now this one is doing the same. Now it's been long enough since then I'm on my own. Any ideas?

Make sure your air ride if its air ride height is right and another thing to remember is shift down on the range at low speeds as you can.When you up shift shift from 4th low hole to 1st hi and on down shifts from 1st hi to 4th low.This lets the range to shift at a lower speed.

glenn akers

I always shift down from 1st high to 4th low like you say, it seems to help if I pre-select low range longer in advance. As for speed, you can almost be lugging in high range and it will still do it. We have another truck with a Mack 13 spd. that NEVER does this. What does air ride height have to do with this?

If the ride height is not right there can be a virbration in the drive line and most of the time you don't notice it.This can cause the hi/low clutchs as well as any of the gears to wear faster.Also so make sure you have enough air pressure to the trans.It should be close to 120 psi.

glenn akers

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 13 speed eaton fuller, wont move in low range, moves fine i high range, i have replaced the slave valve, air regulator, shith knob, and air governer,. Now im stumped..... it goes in gear on the low side and the drive shaft turns about 1/2 inch, then stops... NEED ADVISE