Crane on the Rakaia

I would guess it's a Ruston Bucyruss or at least that was the name they were sold under out all made in Pommy land I think they were made under licence from the US and the ones I have seen out here dont have any markings on the counter weight's as to the size bit hard to tell with something for the size comparison

Back before the UK joined the EEC we had very little if any import dutys from any countries in the commonwealth or empire as it was called any Ford Fairlanes or Chev Impalas Ford Chevy Trucks basically any US styled product came from the Canada as they are part of the common wealth hardly anything came from the US at all even though they had the import dutys the US trucks were that good compared to any pommy trucks and were over twice the price they sold out here and sold that well compared to the pommy trucks there were waiting lists for the trucks

The US trucks once established came in CKD to make them cheaper and later set up factories to make them cheaper even still as the more Australian content the lower the tariffs this the cheaper the price

Talk about taking it off topic sorry fellas

Paul

I would guess it's a Ruston Bucyruss or at least that was the name they were sold under out all made in Pommy land I think they were made under licence from the US and the ones I have seen out here dont have any markings on the counter weight's as to the size bit hard to tell with something for the size comparison

Back before the UK joined the EEC we had very little if any import dutys from any countries in the commonwealth or empire as it was called any Ford Fairlanes or Chev Impalas Ford Chevy Trucks basically any US styled product came from the Canada as they are part of the common wealth hardly anything came from the US at all even though they had the import dutys the US trucks were that good compared to any pommy trucks and were over twice the price they sold out here and sold that well compared to the pommy trucks there were waiting lists for the trucks

The US trucks once established came in CKD to make them cheaper and later set up factories to make them cheaper even still as the more Australian content the lower the tariffs this the cheaper the price

Talk about taking it off topic sorry fellas

Paul

Paul thank you for the interesting history. It's nice to hear about the equipment and car manufacturing and how it got started in OZ and NZ.