boost pressure 300+

b61mack

On my way out to York PA. for the truck show I was watching my turbo boost I am building 10 psi. is this all a 300+ makes. exhaust temps. get to 1000 degrees at 1500 rpm in the mountains, is this normal for the exhaust temps. and turbo boost.

That's way low... My 285 will pull almost 30psi on a good pull...

Some Simple things to check first would be looking for a boost leaks,filter clogged, charge cooler clogged, turbo fin damage.

My 285 had low boost and high egt temps. I found that my turbo was bad. A crack in the turbos exhaust housing allowed it to melt the internal passage near the blades of the turbo. It was melted so bad that center section allowed The exhaust to bypass the exhaust fins thuss it was not building boost like it should have been.

I don't have a intercooler filter, maybe the cooler is plugged. it is out at Roger Gearharts now, after Macungie when I get back I will check the cooler and turbo out to see if I am loosing boost somewhere. Thanks Mike and Trent Ron