Never Seen This Before On An E6 Motor

Was looking @ an 89 R688ST On truckpaper.com & in the pic of the passenger side of the motor is a carquest fuel filter upside down close to the turbo pipe & the dip stick (i zoomed in on it ) is this common or what ? never seen a fuel filter located like this one before on an E6 Motor ...

most E6 I have seen BOTH FILTERS WERE SIDE BY SIDE Right @ the right bottom of frame

Is it possible that they may have moved a primary or secondary filter in this location of the motor insted of the tradition style of side by side ?

been round :MackLogo: all my life BUT THIS A NEW ONE ON ME :blink:

Here's the link to the pic E6 Pic in 89 R688ST

Any ideas yall ?

later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Was looking @ an 89 R688ST On truckpaper.com & in the pic of the passenger side of the motor is a carquest fuel filter upside down close to the turbo pipe & the dip stick (i zoomed in on it ) is this common or what ? never seen a fuel filter located like this one before on an E6 Motor ...

most E6 I have seen BOTH FILTERS WERE SIDE BY SIDE Right @ the right bottom of frame

Is it possible that they may have moved a primary or secondary filter in this location of the motor insted of the tradition style of side by side ?

been round :MackLogo: all my life BUT THIS A NEW ONE ON ME :blink:

Here's the link to the pic E6 Pic in 89 R688ST

Any ideas F

I have seen it and it is been around for a while .It is a water/ fuel seperator. I cant think of the brand name of it.IT.

glenn akers

It may be a fuel water seperator but I think it is a fuel "heater" also a few of my MR's had those on and they had a loop of coolant from the engine that ran to them. both of the ones i had started leaking diesel fuel ended up that the were made of cast aluminum and the bracket that held them to the frame corroded them to the point of leaking...