707 Water Pump Rebuild

ff6cav

As noted in my other post, the water pump in my '63 model C pumper is in need of a rebuild or replacement. I am currently looking for a replacement, but am also looking into the possibility of rebuilding the one that is on the engine. Would anybody be able to steer me in the right direction to find some of the parts I would need for that? I already have the gasket set from John Chalmers, but he did not have the main seal that goes around the fan shaft, which I think is where the leak is coming from.

Mack part number 447GC218 was the water pump seal for most Mack gasoline engines. Do you have an engine parts book for your truck's ENF707A (or ENF707B) engine?

And the bearings are probably Mack part numbers 46AX451 and 46AX452. But double check a 707 parts book.

Mack part number 447GC218 was the water pump seal for most Mack gasoline engines. Do you have an engine parts book for your truck's ENF707A (or ENF707B) engine?

And the bearings are probably Mack part numbers 46AX451 and 46AX452. But double check a 707 parts book.

Thanks for the info! I do have the owner's manual, as well as 2 more generic Mack "Maintenance Manuals", but wasn't able to find any kind of parts breakdown anywhere in them for the engine itself- I'll look through them again. I'm guessing those parts are still available through Mack dealers?

Thanks for the info! I do have the owner's manual, as well as 2 more generic Mack "Maintenance Manuals", but wasn't able to find any kind of parts breakdown anywhere in them for the engine itself- I'll look through them again. I'm guessing those parts are still available through Mack dealers?

You're quite welcome. I'm not speaking of an owner's manual or maintenance manual, rather I'm speaking of a parts book.

Just got the one for my ENF510A back from Automotive Manufacturers in Richmond, VA. Total rebuild for $118.00.

Call them at 804-321-6861. They are not quick, (3 weeks for mine) but they do good work at reasonable prices.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!