Air ride trailer

dds92780

Bringing this up again because i am supposed to look at a 98 galbreath trailer with 60 foot sides, (liner) aluminium, frameless, new air bag setup, new brakes (self adjusting) long draft arms, aluminum wheels.

I like the looks of my freuhauf with my truck but I'm thinking that i either need to get a better truck like peterbilt 379 or kenworth w900 with air ride and maybe keep the trailer? Or am i best off keeping my mack and just upgrading the trailer instead???

Does a ch with springs and air ride trailer ride any different than an RD with springs and air ride trailer?

Only asking because im deciding if i should just keep my spring ride trailer and upgrade the truck? Reason is because my dad has a 96 peterbilt with air trac suspension and the same trailer as me and said it rides great. I know the tractor is the main difference in how it will ride but how will just upgrading the trailer be with keeping my r model? thanks

I all ready said my piece on this.

Well, im going to be looking at a 98 galbreath trailer. Guy had it since it was new, he put a liner in it. the liner goes up 30 inches. The sides are 60 inches tall. For some reason two years ago he redid the whole air ride suspension and bushings. It has long draft arms. It is frameless, It has self adjustiing brakes, It has new tires, and it has ribs on the side just like an east trailer and it has Air ride and aluminum wheels. You have all probably seen a picture of my truck but im wondering how that trailer would look on my truck or if that trailer would be an upgrade. How much is something like that worth? 20-25k?

As far as the tractor goes i figured out why it was riding so rough and it rides way smoother now. I have an eldorado vip highback seat in the truck and its a great seat but i guess it doesnt work right if you have the sit leaning close to the back of the truck so i adjusted it to where i moved it a few inches forward and it rides awesome now. I still think a trailer would be a nice upgrade though.

Here is a picture of what my truck and trailer combo look like right now. I think what i like best about my trailer even though its a 94 is that i still have the original finish on there. Acid hasnt touched it once!

Screenshot_2015-03-19-19-02-03.png

Screenshot_2015-03-17-21-44-07.png

Only posting so that others can tell me how another trailer might look

• Like 1

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Yes that is the trailer brad. He said he was 29000 with it.

I don't think im going to buy it. He wants 25-30k for it. he might think about the price, but after looking at it it seems to be on the heavy side as far as weight is concerned. It looks like a good trailer but not for what he is asking. To be honest i think i am just going to place an order for a brand new Mac trailer next year. It will be about 54000 out the door and that is with a new liner installed and tarp. They say it will weigh about 9400 when its all said and done and they are built with the lightest bestest stuff. From the factory they weigh about 8700 but when you add the tarp and liner then it adds price.

I may think of doing that and using mine or find a way to just add air ride to my trailer. Not even sure if its possible though

• Like 1

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!