B61 Suspension Capacity And Gearing

I got the numbers off the rears in my b they are 11kha5113p6

crdp112-13-h-95

and the ratio is 8.24. do these numbers indicate what suspension is in the truck? and what kind of top speed could i expect out of this truck end763 and quad box. 11r24.5 tires

crd112 is the size of rearend(I'd say pretty big, not actually knowing what it is myself)

Depending on which quad box(single or double overdrive) is how fast you'll be. I'm thinking you'll be a bit slow(maybe around 50mph?)

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Freightrain is right on the money. I think you have a END673 not a END763

I calculated it out for 11R24.5 (about 472 rev/mile) with the 8.24 rear end, and came up with 32 mph in direct drive, 38 mph with the single reduction OD (.85) and 49 mph with the double reduction OD (.66)

That is assuming you are bumping the governor at 2100 rpm for your diesel.

I have the same rear axle ratios in my Mack mixer and the quadruplex (not sure which OD) but my Cummins CF160 diesel is rated at 2800 rpm. With 10R20's and single reduction OD puts it at 48 mph and with double reduction OD it calculates out to be 62 mph.

The rear tires aren't good enough to try to get it up to that speed yet.

These old trucks were geared for hauling big loads, not driving on the highways or interstates.

Edited by mackmixer

David

I'm pretty new to this stuff, but I'll offer my two cents because your rears are similar to the ones in my B 613SX.

The 11kha.... is the differential part number. CRDP 112 is the front axle carrier model #, CRD 113 is the rear axle carrier model.

There is more you need to know to tell the capacity of the setup. Just for comparison, my truck uses a SWD 68 bogie (there are many different bogies ) and 5 inch wide springs in a stack of 13 leaves. This setup is rated at 50,000 lbs. Steve .

The only way I know about the bogie is from the build sheet that I got for my truck from the Mack Museum . If you haven't contacted them yet , it's a really great bunch of info they can provide, and I'd reccomend you send them a donation and see what info they have on your truck. Steve.