Jump to content

What Is It?


Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me exactly what this is and what it does?



Its got 2 air lines going to it. One Tees off the line going to the right rear brake chamber right after the quick release valve and the other line goes to the air tank. The part number on it is Wagner AE-21882. This is on my '65 B-61. My B-70 does not have one. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got one of those too...only it's only got one line to it, as the other has been disconnected/removed(on bottom). Doesn't leak, never knew what it was for either.

Got to be some kind of valve/regulator? Diaphram on bottom, likely a spring under the large nut on top? Controls something?



1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahhhh this same topic was bought up a while back. It turns out its a moisture separator used in the days before desiccant air dryers. There should be a third port that spits the water out.
That makes sense with it conected to the service brake that way when you hit the brakes it will spit. glenn

glenn akers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember someone asking before, but never remembered the answer.

Maybe I should hook mine up? Not that I ever worry about cold weather or moisture in the lines. Curious if it works?

dgiomack was the one who originally asked.


What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...