96 CH613 secondary air problems

Deere Mack

Hello! Started having problems with my air system. Yesterday the secondary wouldn't build past 90 varying a little, today it seems to be stuck around 60, wont leak down past or build. Drainded the tanks, very little came out. Checked for leaks, found that my cab air ride bag is leaking a little.

Wondering if the valve circled in the pic below is giving me trouble?

post-5458-0-78804900-1407437256_thumb.jp

that looks like a pressure protection valve it should open above 60psi . check for a bendix # then search on line should get a proper answer. my suggestion is if you have another air source plumb it into the sec. tank then do a leak check.

Thanks gearhead, I put a guage on the secondary tank and I have correct pressure there. My dash gauge has been lying to me, unless theres something in between that tank and the gauge to go wrong. Also, the cab air bag is getting worse by the minute, the more I rub my hand across it the more it leaks, it dun rotted.

Do I need to pull the the whole mount to change out the air bag for the cab?

Not at all. Use a jack and jack the cab up. Remove air line and fitting from bottom of bag. Pick up a little more and bag is threaded on top. Just screw it out and reverse to install. Make sure you check and put a plug in the top of the bag if there is a hole before you install.

Not at all. Use a jack and jack the cab up. Remove air line and fitting from bottom of bag. Pick up a little more and bag is threaded on top. Just screw it out and reverse to install. Make sure you check and put a plug in the top of the bag if there is a hole before you install.

Thanks for the info, but mine not wanting to be that easy. I've undone the supply line and fitting, jacked the cab, but the botttom of the bag doesn't want to release off the bottom support, it will spin in it but not pull up. Second I cant get the bag to unscrew at all. Any tips?