My Old R Model

Bullheaded

post-2303-1208217858_thumb.jpgpost-2303-1208218101_thumb.jpgHere's a pic of one of the old R Models I drove. I worked for this company quite a few years before starting my own business. It is a 1988 and is still going today. We used to work construction in the summer and haul salt all winter (which is why the box paint looks so rough in these pics.) They had a large fleet of all :mack1: and these trucks all had over a million miles pulling heavy 140,000+ pounds gross. This truck had to have the motor replaced (due to a past driver running it out of oil when a bolt come out of the block), and according to a Mack rep it was the last new E6 350 to come off the assembly line. It pulled real strong after some pump work :D While at this company I also drove in previous years, another R tractor with a Mic Mac bunk that looked the same as this truck, and a 450 and 500 Superliners, and a 500 V8 Ultraliner cabover. I love the sound and power of the E9 V8 (all their trucks had straight pipes) but for some reason I really loved this R model.

A funny story I remember was when running one of the tuned up Superliners with the 500 V8, grossing 63,500kg going up all the 8 to 12 percent grades passing tandem freight vans :lol: They kept calling me on the cb asking why my lift axles were down :rolleyes: They thought I was empty. :thumb:

Nice looking truck,great story. Sounds like some great times.

Thanks Thermodynediesel. I put lots of work into that truck. The years of salt take their toll. I never got around to repainting the dump box when the pics were taken.

I've been down in your state the last week. I've been hauling steel coils to Dodge Centre, Minnesota. Real beautiful scenery down there :twothumbsup: