B-68 Question

Hello I just purchased what i thought was a b-61 dump truck but the tag inside the door says its a b-68 T. The title i got with the truck says its a b-61 and it has b-61 emblems on the hood. I don't know how a b-68 differs from a b-61. I was guessing that somebody changed the door at some point. are there numbers on the frames of these trucks? thanks Richard

Thanks for the quick replies. I found the frame numbers its a B-61sx and matches the title i got. my plans for the truck involve extending the frame and moving the trunion back to get the proper wheelbase for 17.5 foot dump body. it has the big cone rears ( unsure if 55 58 or something else) i was wondering if i could use the original trunion and/ or springs and put on the 44's from my parts truck( a 2000 cl). is anyting the same such as pad sizes or the beam size? I would also like to have at least an 18,000 front axle could i put one in from an 81 or any other doaner withou to much trouble the truck already has factory power steering? thanks again for your help Richard

The B68'S only engine offered was a EN 540 gas. It was offered withquite a few chassis versions as P,T,LT,S,ST,X,SX. Not as many as the B 61 but quite a few versions. As you know even # B Models were gas powered and odd # B Models were Diesel powered.They both used the most common cab 102". Joe D.