Hendrickson suspension on Macks

I was delivering stone to a Waste Management Landfill this week and noticed all the Waste Management packers,rolloffs and front loaders had Hendrickson HN Suspension. It is the new style rubber block with 2rubber blocks on each side diagonal from each other. Every make they use Mack,Pete, etc had same suspension. No Camelbacks to be found. I wonder why they eliminated Camelback suspension. Joe D.

I have 2 MR Macks with the Hendrickson haul max suspension. .. the trucks ride better and they last longer than the camelback and are cheaper to rebuild. The rears don't walk they have dual transverse rods and shocks. I also had one with ridewell suspension that works just as good if not better I never replaced anything on it and had it for 10 years and it was used when I got it. . But it had disc brakes they stopped on a dime but very troublesome. .. changed the rear to drums

post-14937-0-14417000-1369066952_thumb.j

Camelback are outdated here in Quebec. The hendrickson spring and rubber block was very popular.

Same here. There are a few running camelback , but more often than not it's rubber block of some kind,....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....