cl 613 cuts in and out

cxn613

1995 CL 613 with 427 and inline injection pump cuts in and out while pulling empty or loaded. Only acts up for short time then goes back to normal. Tried new fuel filters and new lift pump and still same thing. Was wondering something with pump or injectors or something electrical like the throttle pedal?

Does anybody have a schematic of that plug? I pulled the plug apart and the one terminal had the plastic guide broke off and the spade is discolored. The two wires going in and out of the plug at that position have a zip tie on then as if its been a problem for the previous owner. Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I cut the wires on either side of plug and used a sealed connector and heat shrink to reconnected them. Before I did this I could get the truck to misfire while idling while moving the plug around. Now it seems to idle fine, going for test drive tomorrow. Thanks

Took for test drive and still acts up. Noticed it only cuts in and out when pedal is pushed all the way down, let off pedal a little bit and it runs smooth. Could this be a peddle issue or something at pump. Is there a way to check the pedal for intermittent voltage? Thanks

i have a cl 700 w/ a 427 did the same thing,replaced fuel filters - no change, cleaned and greased that plug no change,change main fuel line to the pump from the tank and ran injector cleaner thru it, goes like a rocket now.hope that helps you

• Like 1