Well it had to happen sooner or later. Today was the day I got stopped By DOT. Comming down the road with truck and trailer the DOT man saw my old truck and probably thought it would be an easy mark. He brought me into motor vehicle dept. parking lot. He was a little confused by the antique reg on the truck and camp trailer reg on the trailer. I did convince him this was only my toy and it doesn't do work for hire and yes there are indeed some of us nuts that will drive a tractor and trailer just for the fun of it. Then he checked all the VIN numbers and started an inspection. While checking brake throws he may have started to notice everything was new and shiny under the truck so that part didn't last too long. After a quick light check he seemed to agree that I did indeed have a safe truck and he became much more friendly. He even asked why my bulldog was missing on the hood. So I explained that my first priority was making a safe truck and the cosmetics would come later. We parted company and I felt very good to get a passing grade on my work from DOT. It just further proves that old saying you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Chuck

Well it had to happen sooner or later. Today was the day I got stopped By DOT. Comming down the road with truck and trailer the DOT man saw my old truck and probably thought it would be an easy mark. He brought me into motor vehicle dept. parking lot. He was a little confused by the antique reg on the truck and camp trailer reg on the trailer. I did convince him this was only my toy and it doesn't do work for hire and yes there are indeed some of us nuts that will drive a tractor and trailer just for the fun of it. Then he checked all the VIN numbers and started an inspection. While checking brake throws he may have started to notice everything was new and shiny under the truck so that part didn't last too long. After a quick light check he seemed to agree that I did indeed have a safe truck and he became much more friendly. He even asked why my bulldog was missing on the hood. So I explained that my first priority was making a safe truck and the cosmetics would come later. We parted company and I felt very good to get a passing grade on my work from DOT. It just further proves that old saying you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Chuck

well done! :dwave:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

about 12years ago i have a Bmodel that i made into a camper and we would take it to Co. on hunting trips so i was driving it home one night and about 10 mile over speed limt and a hiway patrol pull me over to look. He came up and look at ever thing and ask were was i going and told him home but i would get up about 5AM and hook up for CO. to hunt and that is when he ask do you have a fuss buster and i said no. He then replied you better get one cause some of the guys will take all of your money if you dont slow down and then he wanted to look it over close but he told me it looked ok but he drove one when he was a young man so we was turned lose with out a ticket.

glenn akers