1971 Gmc

bigrigpardo

ok who can help.

I have a 1971 gmc (c-50)? and i need a master cylinder for it. manual brakes 350 5.7 liter. I need one soon cause the truck has my 45' crane on it and needs to be back on the road. Any idea on where i can get one. please i have tried all the locals and thats no luck

thanks

ok who can help.

I have a 1971 gmc (c-50)? and i need a master cylinder for it. manual brakes 350 5.7 liter. I need one soon cause the truck has my 45' crane on it and needs to be back on the road. Any idea on where i can get one. please i have tried all the locals and thats no luck

thanks

Your truck is similar to my 88' GMC 6000 with a 350 gasser and hydraulic brakes. Have you tried a GMC truck dealer? You live not too far from me (Ozone Park, Queens) and I got GMC parts from Bruno truck in Brooklyn. Its expensive but then again they are a dealer. Ill try too see if I can find anything else out as my mechanic always gets parts for just about anything.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I am almost sure that you can take the master cylinder off and take to a parts store like for cars maybe napa and let them use the casting # and order from wagnor or who ever and you may have to check with the older guys to get any where dont know if you have tryed that but for years that is how i got them for old stuff rather bthan using the make and year. good luck. glenn

glenn akers

ok who can help.

thanks

I put a reman master on a 1970 C-50 last week. I got the part overnight at my local Carquest, and the cost was $49.00, (shop cost). The wheel cylinders were the killer at $33.00 each and there are two on each wheel!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.