08 GU Flex Pipe issues

steeler

I have an 08 Gu with an mp7 in our shop that came in a few weeks ago with a completely clogged DOC. It had a large piece of cloth like material that had been partially burned up by the heat, causing it to shred and clog the DOC. Replaced blown out flex pipes, cleaned DOC, truck ran great for 3 weeks. Now its back again with the same issue.

This time I realized the cloth like material was actually part of the inside of the flex pipe, the first flex from the turbo. Apparently there is 2 layers a flex with this cloth stuff in between.

Anybody seen this happen before? I cant figure out why the pipe is coming apart. Everything went together tight and straight, no reason that I can see for this to happen?

Yes, they are having issuses with the flex pipe. However I cant seem to find any bulletin from Mack about this. I had a 2013 truck in the shop with high soot and Mack Tech support told me to check the flex pipe and see if the inner liner had slid back into the DPF. It had not so mine was Ok but this means they have been seeing this issue.