Transmission Compatibility

pilgrim

Hi, I have a 1996 Mack CL 700 logger (first truck) and I'm looking at replacing the Transmission (T2180). I know of a replacement T2180 that's available but someone told me that I could put in a Roadranger if I use a conversion plate. Any ideas or recomendations on this?

It's a simple swap.You need to get a Mack bellhousing on the Fuller,a set of mounts that bolt to the bell,the driveshaft will need to be made longer,You have to get a tranny with the right shift cover opening placement fot the lever.And of course a lever and knob.Cameratos can supply everything you need and give a good allowance for the Mack tranny.I have converted several and have used them,good to deal with. Steve

Thank you for the input. I'm new to trucking and this transmission is hard to shift and jumps out of gear as well. Previous owner told me it has issues. Would a Fuller vs a Mack tranny (both in fair condition) be easier to shift and less trouble free?

Thank you for the input. I'm new to trucking and this transmission is hard to shift and jumps out of gear as well. Previous owner told me it has issues. Would a Fuller vs a Mack tranny (both in fair condition) be easier to shift and less trouble free?

The Fuller is an easier shifting trans., and in my opinion a better choice.They are cheaper to replace/rebuild and the syncros are less trouble. Steve

• Like 2

• 1 month later...