Valve Adjustment On E6-350 4v

Joe Schmitt

I`m looking for the procedure for adjusting the valves on my E6-350 4v. It started missing ever so slightly at about the same time the engine brake started to get punky . I pulled off the valve covers and the brake solinoids are working. I think I found my trouble as most of the valve lash seem to be tight. I need to know which timming pointer to use : and if I can set 6 valve adjustments on TDC; Then roll the motor 1 turn and set the remaining 6 ? I`m used to working on IH farm tractors : sorry . I don`t know anyone with a manual for this engine. I know where I can get a manual for a E6 2V : are they set the same? Any help would be appreciated. I`m new to this site, but it seems like a great site with a great bunch of guys.

You have to do it in fireing order,bring no 1 to TDC on the compression stroke and adjust boath valves,turn the engine in the normal rotation to bring the next cylinder in fireing order to TDC and adjust it's valves, keep going till your done.Just make sure your on the compression stroke, if your not sure crack the no 1 line at the pump and look for a squirt of fuel as you bring the no 1 to TDC.

I`m looking for the procedure for adjusting the valves on my E6-350 4v. It started missing ever so slightly at about the same time the engine brake started to get punky . I pulled off the valve covers and the brake solinoids are working. I think I found my trouble as most of the valve lash seem to be tight. I need to know which timming pointer to use : and if I can set 6 valve adjustments on TDC; Then roll the motor 1 turn and set the remaining 6 ? I`m used to working on IH farm tractors : sorry . I don`t know anyone with a manual for this engine. I know where I can get a manual for a E6 2V : are they set the same? Any help would be appreciated. I`m new to this site, but it seems like a great site with a great bunch of guys.

As posted set valves as stated on tc 1 0r six check for over lap on one or the other if you have over lap on 6 set 1 over lap on one set six!and move thru the firing order using the top most pointer on the front! 16 thou intake 24thou on exhast!

good luck with it!

What about the bridge adjustment ? Do ya set em so you just start to fell it rise as on other engines?

Yeah mate thats the go, just wind the adjuster screw down until it touches and continue a further 60 degrees(1 flat) and lock the nut up at that

Dont forget to check jake springs...a broken one will cause a miss... This is something to look at since you said the jake started at the same time as the miss. Jake is real easy to adjust. Not a big prob with Macks but its fairly common with Cummins.