F model gear linkage

skip

Gday everyone. Ive got a 1970 model F785RS. It has an unusual gear stick lingage on it, but it looks genuine. It has a 9 spd roadranger in it now, but it did have a twin stick 6 spd in it from new. The stick/s stay with the cab when the cab is tilted. They are mounted into a ball socket arrangement in the floor, with the bottom part of the lever exposed to fit into a selector cup/slide which is bolted high up on the angled side of the cab gantry.

All the other Australian F models Ive seen have a low mounted remote selector box mounted on the cab gantry.

I will try and get a photo posted of it soon. Has anyone seen a linkage similar to this?

Regards, Skip.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I had a mate tell me that it couldve been a cruiseliner setup, but I didnt think cruiseliners ever had a twin stick arrangement. Also this is on a 1970 model truck, and we didnt see cruiseliners out here until 1980. I will get a photo. I also have a quad box that I bought from a wrecker with the F model levers and it has a similar setup. I will try and get them posted soon. Thanks again everyone. Skip

Same subject my question. Is the shift tower and linkage on a F-Model the same for a Duplex, Tri-plex and Quadbox ? The one in question is mounted to frame with sticks mounted that do not tilt with cab.Skips's post had me wondering.The one I have is a pretty good sized unit. Thanks Joe D.

Thanks for replies. They were well built. I would imagine with all the compound shifts Mack did not want maintaince problems. Another question as the F-Model Mack and Brockway 400 cab were about the same would the shift tower work on a 400 series Brockway with split or married boxes. There were quite a few 400 Brockways with 4X4 trans but all I ever saw were the air shift ones. Thanks Joe D.