ready to run it off a cliff

masch

Need help!!

I have a 93 automatic that gets to 2000 rpms and just cuts out and starves for fuel. Sometimes it regains itself and keeps going till it reaches 2k again or it just pukes out...a mechanic put a 400$ low preasure pump on but did not solve @#$t...lol everyone says the fuel line is collapsed inside so i bought a new line but the existing one has a large fitting on the tank side and a small one on the pump side?? the diameter of the hose is diff on each side...is there a inline filter or reducer under the frame rail somewhere? i could not see anything but i am no mechanic...i didnt have the right size fittings on the new fuel line so i took the old one off and blew it out really thurow and now the truck runs worse and wont even drive for more than 2 mins...is the line my problem? and sdhould i put diff size connections on each end and call it good? I am ready to punch my wife in the throat for buying this truck site un seen and am afraid the throat shot could end our marriage!!!! plz help THX!

Well 2000rpm is pretty much it for an E7 but we need more info to help you. What model of truck is this, what model engine(mechanical or vmac1 electronic), when did the issue start or has it always been this way since you got it? A 93 CH with a VMAC E7 won't run over 2000rpm, the power band rums out at 1800 so you may be trying to do something the truck was never built to do.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

i have had it 4 months...it runs 2200 no problem its 1993 dm6 mack with 63000 miles it starts perfect the 2000 rpm was a bad choice of words it cuts out while trying to reach the higher rpms i know the fuel tam]nks where pretty dirty so i flushed them out the best i could the truck pootered out on me twice a week again but than was fine for those days...now she just wont go anywhere and leaves me on the side of the rd plz help

Edited by masch

I'd get a set or two of fuel filters particularly if the tanks were so dirty you felt the need to flush them. That may have stirred enough other stuff up that your filters are loaded. Is there a screan in the tank that might be inspected? I'm not sure but I'd start with filters and screans and then the line. The booster pump could be plugged up too if it is in front of the filters. On a side note please don't speak violence against the Mrs. It's not right even if that thing explodes in flames.

Good luck

• Like 1

They're both mounted to brackets on or near the engine, probably one on each side, left rear and right front. Get both fuel filters swapped out again and we can go from there, is an electronic pump engine or mechanical?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"