Mack E7-427 Engine Interchange

ryeno80

If you could sub in all of the V-Mac III (E-Tech) stuff (Engine, Harness, ECU and VECU,) into the 2005 and afford it why not??? It would do a lot better then an ASET on the pocket book down the road.

Everything for ASET and E-Tech are basically placed or run in the same areas. The 2005 would be on Volvo frame rails and the '99 on CH rails. So keep the 2005 mounts. The engine fan set up is also slightly different so you may have to swap some stuff over if I remember correctly.

It would be costly depending of coarse if you were doing it yourself etc. I can say off of the top of my head the interfaces such as dash cluster etc would be the same "keystone" interior parts. You would run into some harness local issues where pin locations at interfaces would be different. If you have the time and money you can make it work, but its far from plug and play swap overs as mentioned by Staxx.

That and the fact that if your rig ever got pulled over by a DOT that knows their emission stuff, you would be screwed with the wrong engine (Non EGR) for the wrong year of truck with 2005 emission regs. Could cost you $$$ but that is more dependant on your area of operation and the DOT's smarts.

If I missed anything let me know.....Almost Anything is possible with time and money.

Bill @ Winrock says if you have a complete ETECH and ecm it will swap right in and control the guages etc. But I got no idea I just asked the question a while back as to swapping a pre CCRS ETECH into a 2005 Granite.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"