Air ride passenger seat for a MH

The brackets (69QS446M and 69QS447M) are no longer available. I had mine made at a local fab shop. I have the drawings somewhere in my pile of stuff library. I will post them if and when I find them. As for the seat, I am going to install a Bostrom T910.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Thanks Ken, The seats I have now are like new, the passenger seat is pretty solid, my wife said she wouldn't take any long trips with me on that seat, O well.

Is that a bad thing? Just kidding!! Will she ride in it after you put in an air ride seat? My wife has been in my MH one time and that surprised me but I don't think it will happen again.

The later "MH"'s rode a lot better than the earlier ones.

There were three different designs for the cab pivot bushings.

The first ones like you have are metal threaded pins into metal threaded bushings.

The last style were rubber sleeved bushings (like the old control arm bushings in 70's cars)

They were believe it or not the same exact pivot bushings that were used in the last "F" models (Interstaters)

We had four of the older style 2 were '85s and 2 were '87s.

When the last two came which were '93s the difference in the ride was unbelievable.

I converted three of the older ones over to the latest style.

I don't know if there are any of the parts still available to do this and it was to say the least a lot of work.

The parts needed were the two pins with lock nuts and the two bushings, that was the easy part.

The hard part is that the frame brackets along with the knee brackets on the cab have to be machined to accept the new bushings and pins.

If you look at later "MH"'s you'll notice how the headlight panels in the area of the pivot bushings have an extra cutout towards the outside, that is to accommodate the later pin arrangement.

There was a service bulletin explaining how to do this.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Ron

I found the bracket prints (and I did not have to dig very far) but they are on 11x17 paper. Need to get them converted to a PDF and I will post them.

If your passenger seat is like mine, it likely was never used. Since the seat sits on the HVAC system, you need a short suspension (T910 style). Likely the best option is to purchase a new seat with suspension. That is what I did. Otherwise you will need to go "junk yarding". I don't believe I ever saw an air ride passenger seat in a MH. A MH with Level 4 interior probably had an air ride passenger seat.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"