Reverse Light

Bear with me, I am a logger and an experimental mechanic...but how is the reverse light wired? I have one mounted to the tower at the back of the truck, but there are no wires. And how does the transmission communicate that it is in R and signal the light to burn?

Justin LaMountain

Consulting Forester

and Horselogger

Green Man Forestry

Thanks, I will have a look for it tomorrow.

Could this be it? The little mushroom thing with two holes in it? And is wiring as simple as getting a replacement plug and then running one wire to power and one to the light?

post-1952-1202599892.jpg

Justin LaMountain

Consulting Forester

and Horselogger

Green Man Forestry

Could this be it? The little mushroom thing with two holes in it? And is wiring as simple as getting a replacement plug and then running one wire to power and one to the light?

Yes that would be it, it looks to me that if just put 2 screws in it and use that as your switching point to the light you'll have it. If you dig around your frame near that point you may find the 2 wires "dangling" that belong to that switch.

Yes that would be it, it looks to me that if just put 2 screws in it and use that as your switching point to the light you'll have it. If you dig around your frame near that point you may find the 2 wires "dangling" that belong to that switch.

Makes you wonder why the previous owner didn't reconnect it properly.

Why do some people feel the need to do things half assed and cause a truck to become a cobbled up mess after a few years?

I've never been able to grasp the rationale behind that thinking.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Makes you wonder why the previous owner didn't reconnect it properly.

Why do some people feel the need to do things half assed and cause a truck to become a cobbled up mess after a few years?

I've never been able to grasp the rationale behind that thinking.

Herb: You'd love this 1977 R model I've been working on... A real piece of work. So far, I'm up to 32 "Scotch Locks" replaced under the dash, hood, tail lamps, etc. There were splices, upon splices under the dash, and in the tailights area. I've also dug out at least two cans of expanding foam sealant, (the kind you use in your house to seal drafts) from under the dash, and where the floorboards join the cab side panels.

None of this was difficult to fix correctly. Just hard to believe someone could implement such ignorance and plan to operate the truck as such. I think someone with a third grade education could have done better!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Herb: You'd love this 1977 R model I've been working on... A real piece of work. So far, I'm up to 32 "Scotch Locks" replaced under the dash, hood, tail lamps, etc. There were splices, upon splices under the dash, and in the tailights area. I've also dug out at least two cans of expanding foam sealant, (the kind you use in your house to seal drafts) from under the dash, and where the floorboards join the cab side panels.

None of this was difficult to fix correctly. Just hard to believe someone could implement such ignorance and plan to operate the truck as such. I think someone with a third grade education could have done better!

Rob

Don't feel bad about the whole sealant trick, the p.o. of my '52 ford used that foam sealant to help shape new cab corners. With the help of bondo of course. To me though there's nothing that beats the ol bondo in every rough spot, or if it's been patched with bondo before add a little more to smooth it back out. Sorrry to rant, but funny what people will do.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Okay. Thanks.

Justin LaMountain

Consulting Forester

and Horselogger

Green Man Forestry