V-Mac?

mack mhe9

Ray,that would be V-mack One. They were in my opinion the best version of all. They just used a Robert Bosch P series pump with a few electronic controls.Very reliable and simple.We ran alot of these and had little trouble.We had a guy in Elmira who would tune these with a laptop and get good power and economy. Steve

Ray,the 427's we had ran as good as the 454's That would be my choice. I'm not real serious about selling my old jalopy,just thought I would throw that out to test the waters.You know me,I'm always selling or buying something.I've got my wife listed on Ebay now,and the reserve is low. Steve

• Like 1

E7 macanical are wicked good. Better then E6. Vmac1 are good but will make you swear once in a while and remind you that a rod would cost you about 50$ to change from cab to pump instead of a control unit at the decent cost of about 1500$... And I should tell you that they dont have the guts you'll expect. You can put a programmer (750$) to notice improvement but you'll also find out that the water temp will get too hot.. Theyre nice, 25000hrs and they're still good to go after a head gasket. My 2 cents get an E7 with a mecanical pump and you'll love your Mack again.

• Like 1

The 93 CH with E7 400 vmac1 and 9 spd I had is still running. They aren't power houses by any means but they are fairly reliable, biggest issue is the electrical connector to the pump and the hard wired connections in the back. I had to fix a couple melted pins in mine and steve completely replaced it after he bought it. You can get a blixxton or other electronic module and a turbo and gain some power but its not gonna be close to the E9. I have heard of a pump shop building the pump 10% over and stacking the box on that and adding the bigger turbo to gain over 100hp to the wheels, Rochester injection has parts for em, call them up first for the vmac1 stuff.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"