When did they stop teaching people how to drive?

vision386

I don't speed through work or school zones. The closer somebody is to my back bumper, the slower I go. I want to be sure if something happens that I can stop without being rear-ended...too much paperwork. So, if you want to get through the work or school zone at the posted limit, don't tailgate me. If you want to speed through the work or school zone, don't be behind me.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Tailgater's, grrrrrr! I can't stand someone to be closer than 50' to me. I used to be bad about it and drop a gear and hit the Jake,watch em hit the shoulder. Now I think it bugs me worse since I worked overseas, never wanted anybody close to you in IQ, so I just start slowing down. The other day I had a lane of traffic down to 20mph in a 45, basically begging for confrontation.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ugh...I could just go on and on and on and on and on.....................and basically just repeat most any story that has been told already.

They need to get back to making Model T's..........so that only real people can drive. All this automated crap(park assist, brake assist, back up cameras) is for the birds.

I ride a HD, so I know all about taking my life into my hands everyday.

"Responsibility"...........is removed every day from our lifes. It is always "someone elses fault" when we fail to do anything right. Driving is falling into that category.

This is true- and scary. I remember a safety meeting we had one time and our insurance man told the story of a truck accident where the truck driver was hit by a drunk driver. The truck driver did nothing wrong, the accident was totally the drunk driver's fault. Until he sued anyway and his his big shot lawyer went back and checked the driver's log book and cell phone records for weeks previous to the accident and found some small mistake in his log book where he was about 15 minutes off. Then it was the truck drivers fault, because according to the a-hole attorney he shouldn't have been there for the drunk to hit in the first place.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's why I prefer to operate under 395.1(e)(1)...I go from line 1 to line 4 at the start of my day, and from line 4 up to line 1 when I get home again. The company would prefer a RODS (sent out a memo about 2 months ago stating "short haul" logs were no longer acceptable, but that is due to their installation of Peoplenet in their company trucks and Peoplenet refusing to develop a short-haul version of their software (since short-haul drivers don't have to take that stupid 30 minute break). I figure if they say anything, I'll ask them if they would prefer a RODS in violation of 395.8(f)(2) or a record of hours worked 100% in compliance with 395.1(e)(1). When you run 3, 4, (or as many as 15) loads in an 8 to 9 hour day...plus the pretrip, posttrip, and fuel...I don't care HOW neat your handwriting is, at the end of the day the log book just isn't going to be LEGIBLE when you've been changing your duty status every 15-30 minutes throughout the course of the day. Spend more time coloring in that silly book than you do hauling the freight...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

yea I love that one, or the one where your going the speed limit and no one is behind you then all of a sudden someone comes out of nowhere, rides your ass and refuses to pass you.

Ya that happened to me yesterday when I was coming home from the shop just south of town .

Great post. I agree with what is posted. Some of my "favorites" are:

The person driving in the left lane doing just under the speed limit and refuses to move into the right lane.

The person coming on from the ramp. I will slow down (if I can't move left) to allow them to merge. The person will slow down too and at the end slam on the brakes. It is called an "acceleration" lane for a reason.

And lastly when passing, the person increases speed just as you get beside them.

I used to think some drivers bought their license at Kmart but now I think they get them at WallyWorld.

Farmer I thought you knew . they give DL's out As a prize in Boxes of Cracker Jack now .

Tailgater's, grrrrrr! I can't stand someone to be closer than 50' to me. I used to be bad about it and drop a gear and hit the Jake,watch em hit the shoulder. Now I think it bugs me worse since I worked overseas, never wanted anybody close to you in IQ, so I just start slowing down. The other day I had a lane of traffic down to 20mph in a 45, basically begging for confrontation.

I was coming home from the shop yesterday After making a run to Memphis I was going home (bout 6 or 7 miles south of Millington ) I was Northbound on HWY 51 I was just North of Paul Barret Parkway (TN 385) & South of Babe Howard Blvd & 51 " in the speed trap" section of 51 . the speed limit is 45 mph I was doing 45 to 50 mph & I DONT SPEED OVER 5MPH The limit Through that section MPD Bears are bad through that stretch of 51. There is a Dodge 4500 or 5500 Cummins Flatbed w/ a goose neck flatbed in the hammer lane just a few feet ahead of me.

I look out my drivers side mirror & there is a Silver rice burner on my ass @ this point im crossing the bridge over Big Creek approaching Babe Howard Blvd .

There is a light @ Babe Howard & 51 & There are Red light cameras on the lights here in Millington . THE LIGHT WAS TURNING FROM GREEN TO YELLOW , I was @ the point where I could either go through the light or STOP. To avoid having a ticket mailed to me I STOPPED He almost rear-ends me (I herd tires screeching downshift hard & hornest nest muffler from behind me ) the Dodge is beside me so the tailgater couldn't use that lane .

The light tuned green & I slowly get up to speed & after you go through that light the North bound side of 51 becomes 3 laned for about 3 lights then goes back to 2 lanes after that. I got in the far right hand granny lane so he could get by me he gets in the center lane rolls his window down (by this time im @ the light @ 51 & Navy ) minding my own damn business He yells I want to whoop your ass cause you didn't run the light & I almost rear-ended you . I told him id pull over in Kroger parking lot by the gas station @ the light @ 51 &Shelby/Easley & I was a disabled man due to my Cerebral palsy & if he could get past my .38 S&W That I have a permit for he can gladly whoop my ass . he kept on rambling Calling ME THE 1 Who almost caused a wreck back there til the light turned green & I just looked & smiled never showing the pistol . the light turned green & he peeled out leaving black marks & last I seen him (from a distance ) he was tailgating that Dodge Cummins 1 TON .

This WET BEHIND EAR KID Couldn't had been over 21 . Must had had a bad day & looking for someone to take it out on . IM NOT THE ONE !!

NEWS FLASH ASSHOLE YOU WERE BEHIND ME TAILGATING ME !!! I HAD TO STOP FOR THE LIGHT WHEN YOU ALMOST CRASHED INTO MY 94' GMC 2500 P/U (Aka 'Jimmy" ) IT WOULD HAD BEEN YOUR FAULT IF YOU TOTALED OUT THAT RICE BURNER OF YOURS NOT MINE !!!

I swear so people never learn !!!

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: