'68 DM811SX

Like to see that saved! like Rob said that's a real Jersey spec. truck! Mack red and green is about as classic as you can get! friend of my Dads in South Jersey (Kenneth Levari & Sons) still orders all their equipment red & green (even the "brand-X" trucks)...................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Wen he got it he changed it to neg. ground. Installed maxi brake system. ( the drum ebrake still on driveshaft ) that truck started on the coldest of days. No either.it would chug for 5 seconds then blow a puff of smoke out the pipe.. I remember so well cause whenever he would start it I ran to the other side cause I jus loved the smell and the sound of that motor running.. Music to my ears.. He'll I'm 43 and still ride w the pass window open!!! You know wat I mean!!!

Oh I know what you mean,you sound just like me... :twothumbsup:

The DM 800 I would say is my favorite truck. I drove all different trucks in my life..and no matter wat the choices I choose that old Mack everytime

Joey the first truck I was ever assigned in 1987 was a 1972 DM -800 no radio or A/C and I loved it. Cleaned it everyday kept it immaculate which my boss loved and as my reward it got me a 1984 RD . Still love seeing the DMs but they are getting scarce. I might see one every other day. And I too sometimes will drive with the passenger window down in my 1990 Superliner the truck I. Run these days. The boss offered me a new Volvo which I declined with a laugh
  • Like 1

Local 282 Union Service

That's 1968 IRON rite there!! I keep my eye on it!! Don't know if its in me to restore another one?? That truck means a lot to me.. I learned to drive with my dad yelling at me from pass seat!! Haha

As I recall, all conversations in steel dash Macks involved yelling. :)

Wen he got it he changed it to neg. ground. Installed maxi brake system. ( the drum ebrake still on driveshaft ) that truck started on the coldest of days. No either.it would chug for 5 seconds then blow a puff of smoke out the pipe.. I remember so well cause whenever he would start it I ran to the other side cause I jus loved the smell and the sound of that motor running.. Music to my ears.. He'll I'm 43 and still ride w the pass window open!!! You know wat I mean!!!

How bout this?? I remember putting blinker on and I would jus sit n stare at that fender!!

Thank God! I might not be insane after all!

• Like 2

Jim

2 of his trucks got stolen.. Right thu the gate in Hackensack yd.. Trucks never found.. 2 years later he's on vacation in Dominican Republic.. He's lookin at a construction job goin on and wat does he see??? Haha he says you can still see the name on the door!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1