1946 Long Hood John Deere B

Dougsr

When I got this tractor we thought the engine would be ok. We took it down and painted it real pretty. After the oil was changed and it washed the carbon and all the crud out it did not have any power. Blow by was bad. When in the Christmas parades at night you could see the blow by real bad when you had the lights on. If you go to www.latc.us and go to the Photo page and look for my album you can see a few pictures while we are painting it. I think there may be a before picture in it too.

Doug

We have a guy in our tractor club that has a little JD H still in its work clothes. It is a good running little tractor. It is hand start. A lot of people like to keep them in the original paint when it is good enough.

Doug

We have a guy in our tractor club that has a little JD H still in its work clothes. It is a good running little tractor. It is hand start. A lot of people like to keep them in the original paint when it is good enough.

Doug

I like to keep them in original condition if the paint and sheet metal are good. I go out of my way to find and pay a little more for an original. My JD 3020 and 4320 are original paint/sheet metal. The one Cockshutt 570 Super and Allis-Chalmers C are all original.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

My first John Deere was a 41 H. It had the hyd, fenders, wheel weights, lights and electric start. It was a sweet little tractor. It was good in the displays and parades. But seven mph is to slow for a tractor ride. I sold it to a guy in south LA to pull his antique ice cream machine with.

Doug