Boston help

mike69mackman

Gonna end up at garelick farms in Lynn mass tomorrow around lunch time. Normally we are routed via I-90-rt1a north. Real pain in the ass for a truck. Was wondering if I come in off exit 44 on i95 would be a better way. Hoping our members from up that neck of the woods can help.

Egads! The Pike to 1A? Yeah, that route would Suck.

It has been a day or to but I can't think of any restrictions coming in on 129. 129 is just two lanes where parts/all of 1A is 4 lanes. Probably be about 8-10 more miles

Of course, Rt 95/Rt 128 is high speed bumper cars almost any time. Then again, what isn't in a metro area.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Take I-95 (SR 128 for us oldtimers) north from I-90 to Exit 44 towards Lynn. After the exit there is a famous (infamous?) Massachusetts rotary. Follow the signs to Rte 129 towards Lynn. Follow 129 straight into downtown

Lynn. This is a two lane city street with lots of traffic, traffic signals, etc. I don't know where Garelick's plant is; do you have an address? Good luck; Boston area traffic is wonderful any time of the day or night.

bulldogboy

Is this during morning and afternoon only or all day?

128 is always a fuster cluck, if you hit it before 6am and from 11am to 2pm it is not bad after 7pm is usually fine. That was at 5pm so I had a short 65mph run to rt2 then it stalled out all the way to the 93 interchange and still slow up to Peabody.

128 is always a fuster cluck, if you hit it before 6am and from 11am to 2pm it is not bad after 7pm is usually fine. That was at 5pm so I had a short 65mph run to rt2 then it stalled out all the way to the 93 interchange and still slow up to Peabody.

Very true, then throw in an accident, fender bender, just someone parked in the breakdown lane, snowstorm, construction (never ending) and then all bets are off!

bulldogboy

mike69mackman:

Glad that you made it to Lynn okay. Arriving at 5:30 A.M. helped to avoid the rush hour traffic. Lynn is just a hard place to get to no matter which way you go. I once worked for a company that is

headquartered in Lynn; I only went there several times but I would always get lost and drive around in circles until I found the street that I was looking for. The last time I drove a pickup with a GPS

and it still sent me down a dead end street. Hope that you made it back out okay.

bulldogboy