Vermont Fire Station Fire

bulldogboy

Last Sunday, August 11, 2013, the fire station in Albany, VT burned with the loss of five trucks. An Albany volunteer firefighter has been arrested and charged with arson. Albany is a

small town in the Northeast Kingdom. One engine was destroyed, a 1970s IH, I think. Heavily damaged and probably totaled are a 1977 Hahn engine, a Peterbilt tanker, a step van,

and a brush truck. Albany had a Mack tanker, I thought that they still had it, but I guess it had been replaced by the Peterbilt. For now, the Corinth, VT Fire Department has lent them

a Ford "C" model pumper and Newport Center, VT has given them a GMC mini-pumper.

bulldogboy

They charged a 19 year old kid here locally for burning down 3 houses. He told the judge it was because he wanted the Volunteer fire department to have more calls so the goverment wouldn't shut them down

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Boy that sucks.....From the pictures online it looked like a really nice station. Nice the way the other towns around seem to be stepping up. It has to be tough for a small town to recover from something like this.Heres a link to the clip i saw.... http://www.wcax.com/story/23105563/blaze-at-fire-station-was-intentionally-set