Brake light (r) not working

Go to solution Solved by br549,

New to the forums but I did search for this and didn't see it so here goes..... From the front of my 1985 R model at the junction box there are 4 wires: white = brake and left turn; red = right turn; green = back ups and buzzer; black = clearance lights.

I have everything working except a brake light on the right.

Also, I want to make clearance lights up high on gate (dump truck) work for brake and turn signal also but not until I get this brake light issue figured out. Any help appreciated!

I would have scanned the whole thing but my scanner is a little to small for the sheet to show up properly. I have had a turn signal not work on the blinker but the park/running light worked I jacked around for couple hours, taking it off, changing the bulb.....did everything except replacing the light housing, it was the ground no matter what I did I could not get that light to flash I eventually added a ground wire and it works fine.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Well.....I have changed the light housing, checked grounds, nothing worked to isolate this problem. Under the hood at that junction box I have the same thing going... One brake line at the left blinker. No brake with right flasher. I am going to try the flasher switch next. Ugh. Frustrated to say the least.

Apply 12V at the junction point under the hood to the turn signal wire. If the bulb lights it is somewhere before the junction; if it doesn't make a long test lead to check for continuity from the bulb to the junction; no continuity = broken wire; continuity = bad ground at light. My bet is the switch itself.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

BR549 had it right. Replaced the turn signal switch and it works like a charm! Actually, as I replaced the TSS I noticed a wire coming out of the steering column and a wire coming out of the wiring harness sleeve that seemed to match up. Hadn't noticed that before so I probably could have just connected that to see if it was the problem but since I already had the new one on......... Lesson learned... Hope this helps someone else out! Thanks for all your help! Time to get her inspected!!!! woo hoo.