Interior Noise

Has anyone had any luck with making a R model quieter inside of the cab ? Is there any sound deadening products that work well? I covered the floor in my 89 R model with Dynamat. It did not really help a lot. Why are CH models so much quieter?

Dynamat is a fine product when it is applied properly. If you only applied it to the floor, it is not enough. A good portion of the noise you hear is resonance. Dynamat will need to be applied to the rear cab wall, firewall, and roof skin to quiet the cab considerably.

Try this link:

quiet ride solutions

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The key to a quiet cab is cab isolation and I don't think mack figured it out until they came out with the ch cl model,just press your ear to any metal part of the cab while the truck is running and you'll see what I mean.Thats why Rob says to cover all the metal you can get to even the inside of the door skins.My 70 DM'S were much quiter than my 83 R model. I also have a 90 rd that is very quiet I have no idea why unless mack used something to treat the metal with, one day I'll take a look behind the interior and see if they used something.