Loss Of Power

queefmeister

Hello I am new to this forum and hope that someone can help me. I have a 1995 cl 713 with a E-7 350. The problem that I am having is when I am going down the road every once in a while it will act as if it is flooding out. I will be going along just fine and all of a sudden it will fludder and lose all kinds of power like my fuel filters are clogged. If I let off the throttle for a second and get back into it it will run fine until the next time, which could be 1\4 mile or it could be tommorrow. Sometimes this won't happen for a few days, then it might happen for 2 days in a row. Yesterday it happened all day long every load. I have replaced the fuel filters twice, replaced the fuel supply pump on the injector pump, replaced all the fuel lines with new ones.(none of the return lines). checked to make sure the fuel cap was vented and working. I just can't figure it out and it is really wearing on me. Any one that has any idea PLEASE HELP! Thanks

My truck did the same thing, it was water in the fuel tank!! It would run fine for days then I would hit a bump on the freeway

and the engine would stumble for a sec. The fuel pick up is about a inch off the bottom of the tank, the sloshing would let water

get sucked up when I hit bumps or parked on a hill.

My truck did the same thing, it was water in the fuel tank!! It would run fine for days then I would hit a bump on the freeway

and the engine would stumble for a sec. The fuel pick up is about a inch off the bottom of the tank, the sloshing would let water

get sucked up when I hit bumps or parked on a hill.

I drained the tank and keep puting winterized fuel and additives in it.

Hello I am new to this forum and hope that someone can help me. I have a 1995 cl 713 with a E-7 350. The problem that I am having is when I am going down the road every once in a while it will act as if it is flooding out. I will be going along just fine and all of a sudden it will fludder and lose all kinds of power like my fuel filters are clogged. If I let off the throttle for a second and get back into it it will run fine until the next time, which could be 1\4 mile or it could be tommorrow. Sometimes this won't happen for a few days, then it might happen for 2 days in a row. Yesterday it happened all day long every load. I have replaced the fuel filters twice, replaced the fuel supply pump on the injector pump, replaced all the fuel lines with new ones.(none of the return lines). checked to make sure the fuel cap was vented and working. I just can't figure it out and it is really wearing on me. Any one that has any idea PLEASE HELP! Thanks

Sounds like youve checked everything externally, Ive had a cracked pickup tube cause problems before, whenever the fuel was sloshing around or was low and exposed the crack it wouldget a gutfull of air and miss and carry on. Also Ive had the end of a siphon hose intermittently cover the end of the pickup and starve the engine for fuel, that someone had so kindly left in there one night. Let us know how you go mate. :mack1:

Sounds like youve checked everything externally, Ive had a cracked pickup tube cause problems before, whenever the fuel was sloshing around or was low and exposed the crack it wouldget a gutfull of air and miss and carry on. Also Ive had the end of a siphon hose intermittently cover the end of the pickup and starve the engine for fuel, that someone had so kindly left in there one night. Let us know how you go mate. :mack1:

I thought about that too, but it does it when completely full or down at 1/4.

Pull your intake hose off of your turbo and check for scuffing on the compressor housing sounds to me like you may have a turbo starting to fail. Not to often do they intermittently lose power like that and then run fine, But I've had a few do that. do you get any smoke when it happens (black or bluish white)??

I have had my truck act similar. If i got into the acellerator hard it would lose all power for one second and then return as normal. My truck does it if i am putting excessive force on the accellerator pedal. If i am going up a big hill and by natural reaction i push down on the throttle way harder than is needed, as if it will give me just enough more power to make the hill without shifting down. It might not hurt to check the wires that connect to the acellerator and look for corrosion or a bad connection or even just a wire that is pinched. Hope this helps. Let us know what you find or what solved the problem....

Noid93

There Is No Replacement, For Displacement!!!!!

Pull your intake hose off of your turbo and check for scuffing on the compressor housing sounds to me like you may have a turbo starting to fail. Not to often do they intermittently lose power like that and then run fine, But I've had a few do that. do you get any smoke when it happens (black or bluish white)??

Ya bluish and i guees kinda white I'll check that today because i normally get no smoke at all when it's running fine.

I have had my truck act similar. If i got into the acellerator hard it would lose all power for one second and then return as normal. My truck does it if i am putting excessive force on the accellerator pedal. If i am going up a big hill and by natural reaction i push down on the throttle way harder than is needed, as if it will give me just enough more power to make the hill without shifting down. It might not hurt to check the wires that connect to the acellerator and look for corrosion or a bad connection or even just a wire that is pinched. Hope this helps. Let us know what you find or what solved the problem....

Noid93

It's mechanical no wires

Well I got it figured out. feel kinda stupid but I guees thats the way it goes. I apparently forgot one fuel line when I was changing them, so I changed it today before work and it feels like a brand new truck. don't know what I am going to do with all that power now. It had to be the last line I changed but at least it's fixed. I want to thank all of you for your replies and suggestions very much. Thanks again, John

Well I got it figured out. feel kinda stupid but I guees thats the way it goes. I apparently forgot one fuel line when I was changing them, so I changed it today before work and it feels like a brand new truck. don't know what I am going to do with all that power now. It had to be the last line I changed but at least it's fixed. I want to thank all of you for your replies and suggestions very much. Thanks again, John
I have seen lines groww together inside from too much fuel additive use and it is the same as not having large enough lines.

glenn akers

I have seen lines groww together inside from too much fuel additive use and it is the same as not having large enough lines.

I was thinking about that myself actually mate, I had a friend who replaced a fuel line out of his secondary filter on an R model and he didnt have the proper sized elbow fittings to screw back in so he used the next size down with an apaptor and he had the same trouble. When he put the right fittings back in it went like a dream. Its all good! Cheers :mack1: