greaseable shackle pins

hatcity

The pins on my truck are the non-grease kind. Therefore, bushings wear out causing the usual clunking noise when turning. Is there an aftermarket or Mack # that would work? Mack parts said "what's on the truck, I can get you" Could/would not see if there is a # for the greaseable type.

2001 CX 613

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Bypass the dealer and call a good independent truck spring/suspension shop and see if there is a part in the Euclid parts system or comparable.

Once again, why can't the dealer look it up? The dealers always claim to want your business.......

PITA!!!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

"The computer will show me what you have. I can get that"

Will have to look up some good heavy duty spring shops.

Hopefully, they are open Saturday's.

Thanks for the help

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

which bushings (shackle or eye end of spring) would be most common for the clunking....i have an intermitten clunk in the front end, motsly turning left thru roundabouts. i have kept up with the preventative maintenance, but the truck had 30000km when i took it over, and that kinda concerns me. how can i check for crappy bushing with out taking it all apart. like i said, it comes and goes, no rhyme or reason, so may not be the problem, but id like to check.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Mine is the shackle end. They are rubber, so they wear out quick. Plus, not being able to grease just compounds the problem.

Look at the shackle end, you will prolly see that the spring is not sitting centered on the pin.

I tried to use a needle type grease attachment. Just made a mess of grease in my gloves.

Mine is the shackle end. They are rubber, so they wear out quick. Plus, not being able to grease just compounds the problem.

Look at the shackle end, you will prolly see that the spring is not sitting centered on the pin.

I tried to use a needle type grease attachment. Just made a mess of grease in my gloves.

I was under there earlier this week and everything seemed straight, but when I'm back at work (on Tuesday after the long weekend, woohoo), I will take a closer look.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....