Hello, Gentlemen I just came upon your site,Its very good. I have an '81 R- modle that has been a working-work in progress for about 12 years. Originaly it was a Matlack tank lines unit ,,complete w/ 5spd ,3 leaf rear susp. 22'' datons , and those blessed wedge brakes. It had new York and new jersey highway stickers on it. I suppose it must have made the auction circuit to end up in Collins Ms. a friend of mine bought it ,and hauled gravel with it for about 6 years. Sufficed to say when he parked it was sad to say the least. the only think it had going for it was it had been refitted with an '87 cab and the motor was an '88 pedigree reman e-6 -300 2v . At this point the only thing that is original to the truck are the framerails and the title. I am planning an out out of frame major o-h for the end of the year when things slow down. I rolled a set of brgs in it in 01 and other than setting the valves occasionaly nothing has been done to it since it came to this part of the world in 1995, so its time. I'm aware that was a long prelude to a simple question ,but it seemed nesesary to give the back ground so you'd know this aint B-S . The ? is ......................... Does any you know of a Mack place similar to what the folks at Diesel Injection of Pittsburg do for the 855 cummins. I'm not looking for a 800 hp but while I'm there why not get a little extra . The old ''Mutt'' is by no means a slouch, she'll pull out 2600rpm grossin 80k w/ a 13spd fuller and 3.86 gears the big cats tip there hats when we pass. but what the heck. If somes good a lot must be better. thanks OUT.

Sounds like getting with a pump shop to go +10-20% on the pump and maybe a set of oversized injectors and a turbo is in order. You can make 500 rwhp easy with a mechanical mack engine and the right parts, id go up one size on injectors and 15-20% over on the pump that will be a HUGE increase watch the Pyro on long pulls and you'll be fine, add an s300 or s400 Borg Warner turbo and add another 50-75hp immediately.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Looks like I'm going with an s400sx s-2 but that'll be a little big for your engine.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Sounds like you want to race trucks rather than make money, and racing against 15 liter Cats with an 11 liter Mack you're going to lose anyways. Might as well keep it close to stock with a reliable 300 to 400 HP and let the Cat boy racers enjoy their moment of glory in the left lane while you take the right lane to the bank!

thanks for the response We are in the southeast corner, all the way to the bottom. As far as racing ,not really, but if your honest everyone likes to shine a little every know and then. I don't run the old truck everyday anymore. mainly its either under the shed or the lo-boy. Most of the time petted like a lap dog, but every once in a while !!!!! Why not remind the big dogs why they are really running. thanks again I ENJOY THE SITE!

Sounds like you want to race trucks rather than make money, and racing against 15 liter Cats with an 11 liter Mack you're going to lose anyways. Might as well keep it close to stock with a reliable 300 to 400 HP and let the Cat boy racers enjoy their moment of glory in the left lane while you take the right lane to the bank!

You don't have to want to race a truck to enjoy big HP, I always crank trucks up but rarely tun over 1600rpm or 68mph. I like having the HP there for those hills that drag you backwards and those long pulls, why not run 68 up hill just like I do on flat ground? I know thats not normally the case you give a guy a hot rod truck and he'll treat it as such, but if your the one driving why not have it when you want it. I had my turn at embarrassing a "BIG TRUCK" on My Eagle here in TN, I got over to let a car on at the bottom and slowed a poor poor Peterbilt down to my 68 MPH doing so. The fun part came when I scooted back over and he came by yelling on the radio " why don't you get that damn ol mack out the way so somebody can get down the road" I kept quiet I was grossing 120k with a CAT D400 off road truck on a lowboy. We got on the mountain and that "BIG TRUCK" slowed way down so I gassed it and passed him yelling "why don't ya keep that damn ol Pete out the way so somebody can get up this hill" his poor little ego was shattered when that "old" mack (84 RW E9 12spd) passed him on a hill grossing 40k more than him. I had two other guys with me that let hm have it on the radio too, it was great and without that added HP I never could have put him back in his place.