Superide Air Suspension Conversion

Does anyone have any experience with American Carrier Equipment's Superide air suspension cross member?

The system uses the existing leaf springs and replaces the rear frame cross member in the single Mack B model.

Looks pretty interesting. So I am looking for feedback.

Thanks,

Paul Van Scott

Does anyone have any experience with American Carrier Equipment's Superide air suspension cross member?

The system uses the existing leaf springs and replaces the rear frame cross member in the single Mack B model.

Looks pretty interesting. So I am looking for feedback.

Thanks,

Paul Van Scott

I have seen that set up and seems like i installed one on a KW and now that i think about it i remember that i had to weld the brackets to the top leaf on the spring and i called the spring shop here in tulsa and he give me some rod to weld the bracket to the leaf and told me not to worry about it because the weld was not across the leaf. Noe that was back before air ride so any thing defferent was better than spring and the old man that we installed this on was windy anyway but he said that it helped for sure but that bag is not realy very big so i dont know. glenn

glenn akers

Paul,

I built a system similar to what you are after for my B67. There are pictures somewhere around the house. Works great, simple to build and sure saves to old neck and guts. I'll start looking for pics but keep after me - I got old timers disease!! 740-742-2203

Tom

Thanks guys.

Tom you told me about this when I first called you to register the truck two years ago! And I'm the one who forgot.

I am reassembling the truck now, so I'll keep after you like flies on s--t!

Thanks,

Paul VS

• 1 year later...

I recently came across a Superliner with it, it rode pretty good. A friend with a Chevy Titan wanted to put it on his tandem Chevy Titan. He has installed it and claims that it has imporved the ride considerably. He purchased a brand new arrangement from the mfr.

There was a man around Ephrata, PA that was making something similar that was found on alot of Marmons sold by Dutchman's back when they were around.

That is my 2 pennies.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I recently came across a Superliner with it, it rode pretty good. A friend with a Chevy Titan wanted to put it on his tandem Chevy Titan. He has installed it and claims that it has imporved the ride considerably. He purchased a brand new arrangement from the mfr.

There was a man around Ephrata, PA that was making something similar that was found on alot of Marmons sold by Dutchman's back when they were around.

That is my 2 pennies.

Doug

What original suspension was under the Superliner?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.