Low resale values on Mack Titans.

A what now? you mean put a laptop on it and reprogram the ECM with the 605 rating? That is doable but if done at the dealer it should change the tag on the engine too.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

it cant weigh 44k empty. our titan weighs 45k empty with a serco 7500 log crane mounted on the truck and 4 bolser log body made of t1 steel and a steel headboard and watsin chalin steerable lift axle and a home meade pup trailer with 4 steel bunks , my CL weighs 42k set up the same way so the titan is about 3k lbs heavier. most of the weight is the engine and dpf and def tank.

It can weigh that depending on frame,axles,mounts etc. Its unlikely but possible.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Test drove a 2013 Titan tractor months ago for the heck of it.

Double frame 46 rears on air, 20fr, Alum wheels (all), 605hp and fuller 18sp. 242" wheelbase and a 70ton holland fifth wheel.

That Friggen thing Tared out at almost 23,000lbs!

As per the factory weight door sticker.

What a truck!

they are heavy but every new truck is heavy with all the emission crap on them. tod ay i weighed out empty at finch paper and there was a new western startruck and pup next to me on the other scale. he has 7 total axles and a 4 foot loog body set up to slash wood into 4 foot lengths so he has double the stakes that i have but he weighed out empty at 53k lbs with my CL i weighed out at 42.5k lbs. a new granite is as heavy or heavier than a CL. i think its stupid that the states or feds havent gave us truckers extra weight on our permits to offset the extra weight of the new trucks. in vermont the maximum weight limit is 99k lbs . we used to try and set up our trucks to be around 40 to 42k empty. thats why we had macks because you could get a heavy duty rugged truck and combine it with the E7 engine that would pull 100k lb load pretty good and still be lite weight. its not possible to do that anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

all i have to say is we have had our first titan for almost a year and its been a great truck . performs great has been reliable and has great power and engine break. i wouldnt give 50k for pelletiers truck the way they destroy equipment. i remember seeing them put a hole in the oil pan of it on the first trip on there cancelled tv show. then i think they rolled it over so its probably pretty rough

all i have to say is we have had our first titan for almost a year and its been a great truck . performs great has been reliable and has great power and engine break. i wouldnt give 50k for pelletiers truck the way they destroy equipment. i remember seeing them put a hole in the oil pan of it on the first trip on there cancelled tv show. then i think they rolled it over so its probably pretty rough

I've heard and read stories of those 2 Titans getting rolled and wrecked constantly. Both trucks were in wrecks as I understand it. Its almost as if those trucks were cursed for them.

Should speak to the Titans toughness, not their downfall. Anyone that would buy one of those CAT trucks needs their head examined as far as I'm concerned. Hope they got it for free.

• Like 1

I've heard and read stories of those 2 Titans getting rolled and wrecked constantly. Both trucks were in wrecks as I understand it. Its almost as if those trucks were cursed for them.

Should speak to the Titans toughness, not their downfall. Anyone that would buy one of those CAT trucks needs their head examined as far as I'm concerned. Hope they got it for free.

The CAT dealer down here gave a company a couple trucks for free supposedly, i guess to get them out there

• Like 1

Matt

i just found a 2010 western star 4900sa heavy duty tractor with a 560 detroit 18 spd fuller 20k front 65k rears with 28k miles for a list price of 84,900 dollars . i would call this truck a comparable truck to a titan probably sold new for 150 to 160k , if you want to check it out its at caledonia diesel in new york state. i agree those cat trucks are junk

i just found a 2010 western star 4900sa heavy duty tractor with a 560 detroit 18 spd fuller 20k front 65k rears with 28k miles for a list price of 84,900 dollars . i would call this truck a comparable truck to a titan probably sold new for 150 to 160k , if you want to check it out its at caledonia diesel in new york state. i agree those cat trucks are junk

Sounds about right.