This is my buddies Mack. Its either an 84 or 85. It was an OTR rig before it was turned into a dump. It says Econodyne on the hood.

I havent seen many fuel tanks like these on here, are they special or different ? Im not sure what engine or trans it has , but it runs really good !

Anyone tell me what type this is or any other info from the pics ?

IMG_6873_zps934bd74d.jpg

IMG_1825_zpsf9cea2ff.jpg

IMG_7788_zpsc5a5ad5f.jpg

IMG_7848_zps58af81a7.jpg

• Like 2

This is the VIN# 1M2N179Y7FA098186 The Vin decoder PDF on here showed its an 81 i think...The Title shows an 84 or 85 ....I dont know whats up with that .. It could be a few rigs rolled into one ? Maybe ? LOL

I need to get the engine # to see what size the engine is.

Those look like International tanks to me.. Like what would have been used on a Fleetstar. Don't hold me to that, but I'm pretty sure they aren't factory. Being from the eighties, it should have the round step tanks, right? Nice looking truck, though! That interior is super clean... Most of the R models with tan interior I've seen have been dogged out completely.

Jake

Tan interior is 84 back

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Those look like International tanks to me.. Like what would have been used on a Fleetstar. Don't hold me to that, but I'm pretty sure they aren't factory. Being from the eighties, it should have the round step tanks, right? Nice looking truck, though! That interior is super clean... Most of the R models with tan interior I've seen have been dogged out completely.

I was looking at that. I thought they were international but couldn't get the pic big enough. Thet always had rounded square tanks.

Matt

yup def IH tanks. our 82 R600 at work has square tanks, but they are the long square ones. its an ex Ryder rental truck and to me that truck looks like it to. its their specs, budd wheels, 300 intercooled with a 9 speed roadranger. but i think those were common back then . that Black truck could be the twin. it definately looks a little bit of a mutt tho, has the newer 90's R model style cheapo marker lights.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

yup def IH tanks. our 82 R600 at work has square tanks, but they are the long square ones. its an ex Ryder rental truck and to me that truck looks like it to. its their specs, budd wheels, 300 intercooled with a 9 speed roadranger. but i think those were common back then . that Black truck could be the twin. it definately looks a little bit of a mutt tho, has the newer 90's R model style cheapo marker lights.

Our '84 has the cheap lights

Matt

Thanks for the info guys ! I need to get some better pics of the interior and some under the hood. I knew the tanks were an oddity , i havent seen many at all like these on Macks in this year ranges...

The guy that sold it to my buddy thought it used to be a tractor originally because he took the 5th wheel plate off of it before the dump bed was installed.......Who knows what it was originally...

Its got 6XX,XXX miles on it now, When my friend bought it with 480,XXX the previous owner said it had 300,000 or so on it and HE never did anything motor wise to it but wasnt sure what /if anything had been done to it before he got it ..

Thanks for the info guys ! I need to get some better pics of the interior and some under the hood. I knew the tanks were an oddity , i havent seen many at all like these on Macks in this year ranges...

The guy that sold it to my buddy thought it used to be a tractor originally because he took the 5th wheel plate off of it before the dump bed was installed.......Who knows what it was originally...

Its got 6XX,XXX miles on it now, When my friend bought it with 480,XXX the previous owner said it had 300,000 or so on it and HE never did anything motor wise to it but wasnt sure what /if anything had been done to it before he got it ..

600,000 isn't surprising on a Mack motor

Matt