Towing Woes

briguy520

i have a 99 rb 6whlr dump that i pull equipment dozers,hoes and so on im lookin to get some more out of it the truck has a 300 in someone told me i can put a turbo from a 350 or 400 on it is this true i would really apreciate the good advice guys thanks brian

i have a 99 rb 6whlr dump that i pull equipment dozers,hoes and so on im lookin to get some more out of it the truck has a 300 in someone told me i can put a turbo from a 350 or 400 on it is this true i would really apreciate the good advice guys thanks brian

Is that a mechanical or electronic e-7 (I'm guessing electronic) If so You can put a blixton III chip on it and gain up to 30%, no turbo change nessecary. If it is mechanical.....slide your fuel plate forward, under the the cover on the injection pump.

thanks bud where can i buy this chip and how do you install it thanks again brian

if its got a 300 turbo on it now i would change it out sooner or later to at least a 350 turbo because no matter what else you do to the engine without a turbo swap your not going to be satisfied. A 300 with a 350 turbo with a lil fuel added to it will have no trouble keeping up with the 350's. I done that to one of my ol mechanical 300's and you would swear it was a 350 when u pulled a load with her. Seems like if you put the fuel to one without changing the turbo all you do is get all smoke and no go. Brain whats the numbers on your turbo ? I can hook you up with the right part number to go looking for if you can get me the numbers on yours too see what your already running. Every time i go to the parts house and tell them i need a 350 turbo i never get the right one unless i have that number with me. There must be several different ones for the 350's and i have only found one that will make it run. I will go rare the hood up and get that number off it if you want it.

if its got a 300 turbo on it now i would change it out sooner or later to at least a 350 turbo because no matter what else you do to the engine without a turbo swap your not going to be satisfied. A 300 with a 350 turbo with a lil fuel added to it will have no trouble keeping up with the 350's. I done that to one of my ol mechanical 300's and you would swear it was a 350 when u pulled a load with her. Seems like if you put the fuel to one without changing the turbo all you do is get all smoke and no go. Brain whats the numbers on your turbo ? I can hook you up with the right part number to go looking for if you can get me the numbers on yours too see what your already running. Every time i go to the parts house and tell them i need a 350 turbo i never get the right one unless i have that number with me. There must be several different ones for the 350's and i have only found one that will make it run. I will go rare the hood up and get that number off it if you want it.

ill try and get the # off the turbo but if you could please get me the # for the 350 turbo also the truck has a electronic pump so ill prob still have to get the chip for it also . will the oil line and hoses bolt right up without no mods ok thanks for the info

The part # is 631GC5134P7MAT .... My engine is a mechanical but i am about 100% sure the oil lines will bolt up. The only obstacle i might see is my engine is a tip turbine, where yours is surely an air to air. I think its the same turbo though the only thing you should have to do is loosen the clamp on the intake side of the turbo and spin it to fit the air to air. Hope this helps you out some !

Let me know how it goes and if everything will bolt right up without modifications. If something don't work out with it like the hoses and lines let me in on it so we will both learn something and know what will work and what want next time we run across this. I am pretty sure it should work though

You may have a problem with working range if you put a 350 turbo on!Don't quote me, but the working range of a 300 is alot broader than the 350 and 350 is designed to work with a multi speed trans small gaps rather than big ones!The 300 ussually has a 8 or 10 speed trans behind it the 350 a 12 sp or 18 You may find your self not being able to lift your butt out of the next gear! Don't be to hasty in changing out that turbo!

Performance Parts Depot has the best price on the Blixxton chip.... Thats where i bought it... $285 plus shipping.... click heavy equipment veihicles.... then more info at the bottom... and the blixxton mac is the one...

Any question, feel free to call...

CURT 715-495-9383

There Is No Replacement, For Displacement!!!!!

fjh by putting a 350 turbo on the 300 isn't going to change the working range that much at all. were simply making the 300 breath a lil easier by doing this. The only downfault i see to doing this would be the cost of a new turbo.

rednblacken thanks for the info whats a new turbo cost and i dont know if it matters or not but the truck has a mack 7speed trans in it with 527 gears the chip costs 250.00 i think ill try that first thanks man brian

yeah changing the chip is the cheapest way to go and should help it out at least a little. Its been awhile since i have bought a turbo but if i member right your talking at least 600 bucks for a reman plus your core. I would say that you have done something if u can even get one for around 600. Its usually the best to wait till your turbo fails before you try a swap cause they can be hard on a wallet to just change out for power reasons.