Heavy Duty Mack's ? !

From what I heard watching a Mack titan video these are to be some serious duty tractor chassie trucks. 11mm frames with 5MM doubling ? ! MP10@605hp/2050tq ? !

What about axles ? Heaviest I saw on Macks website was 46K-lB rears ? Shouldn't this rig be capable of 65+K rears ? ! Somebody once mentioned they offer a 110K-LB set for this truck ? !

Did the heavy axles get dropped ? Or were they never offered ?

Mike

Edited by REOGasMackDiesel

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

Nope that looks far to old !

There is a Mack Titan walk around on youtube video its dated 8/2009 talks about rears 38K-65K LBs with 85K and 110Klbs coming soon. I'm asking about new stuff NOT the old stuff.

Mike

Edited by REOGasMackDiesel

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

Nope that looks far to old !

There is a Mack Titan walk around on youtube video its dated 8/2009 talks about rears 38K-65K LBs with 85K and 110Klbs coming soon. I'm asking about new stuff NOT the old stuff.

Mike

The privately run Macungie Modifications Center is doing Sisu planetary hub reduction axle installs for U.S. dealers. They're a factory-installed option in Australia (take a look at the AU Titan spec sheet).

The mod center is run by TransEdge Truck Centers, who also operates the former Mack Trucks Allentown factory branch (It was appropriately called Allentown Mack until 2006 when ownership starting buying up other Mack dealers and created the trendy new name for their megadealer).

Back in the days of Mack Trucks, the Allentown branch (1407 Bulldog Drive) was a beehive of activity, processing new trucks for Chemical Leaman, Matlack, Air Products, Penske and other major fleet accounts in the area. The adjacent modifications center was also built and operated by Mack Trucks (which was inherently better since it was all one team).

The Modification Center isnt privately owned or run it is company owned just read the article in bulldog magazine from last year. The titan can have 65 mack tandems or 69 meritor tri drive. I found this stuff on macks website which has good info if you dig around. i didnt find much on front axles

The Modification Center isnt privately owned or run it is company owned just read the article in bulldog magazine from last year. The titan can have 65 mack tandems or 69 meritor tri drive. I found this stuff on macks website which has good info if you dig around. i didnt find much on front axles

http://www.transedgetruck.com/Mod-Center.aspx

http://www.transedgetruck.com/Company.aspx

That makes sense. The dealer has their own modification center which shares a similar name to the one at the factory. See the line that says they have a "close location to the macungie plant"/ The factory modification center is located under the factory roof and run by corporate, that much i saw myself during a public tour. they probably do similar work, so you just have to decide if you want it done at the factory or at a dealer. i could imagine benefits of both

I tired to share the video from you tube but it didn't show up. The video said nothing about it being a planetary axle or anything that detailed just that 85K and 110K coming soon. Now given it was dated 8/09 I figured the 85 and 110 axles would be around by now ? !

Some post all willy nilly, I try to keep my questions posted correctly. Modern stuff in the modern section and vintage in the vintage section.

So modern day Mack's were the subject

Mike

1953 REO M48.

1962 GMC 3000.

1969 AMC AMX-390.

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4.

1988 AMC Jeep Comanche.

I tired to share the video from you tube but it didn't show up. The video said nothing about it being a planetary axle or anything that detailed just that 85K and 110K coming soon. Now given it was dated 8/09 I figured the 85 and 110 axles would be around by now ? ! Some post all willy nilly, I try to keep my questions posted correctly. Modern stuff in the modern section and vintage in the vintage section. So modern day Mack's were the subject Mike

You might consider calling Mack next time you have a question on "modern day Macks." (866) 298-6586.

Anyone recognize this cut off rear bogie from a DM-600 block truck? Photo was taken in 2001.

attachicon.gifDM-600 cut off.JPG

Rick

All right, I'll stick my neck out here. Looks like some kind of a hybrid, Hendrickson springs and hangers with a Mack walking beam. Looks like 60" or better spacing.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

All right, I'll stick my neck out here. Looks like some kind of a hybrid, Hendrickson springs and hangers with a Mack walking beam. Looks like 60" or better spacing.

I would go with that, when the photo was taken, there was a lot of head scratching going on.

Rick

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

That makes sense. The dealer has their own modification center which shares a similar name to the one at the factory. See the line that says they have a "close location to the macungie plant"/ The factory modification center is located under the factory roof and run by corporate, that much i saw myself during a public tour. they probably do similar work, so you just have to decide if you want it done at the factory or at a dealer. i could imagine benefits of both

The first (originial) Mack Trucks-operated modifications center was the building adjacent to the Mack Trucks Allentown factory branch (I was there many times), these operations now being operated by TransEdge.