1948 JD B

On the subject of Deere's this I took in Marshall Missouri. My two older sons in front. Damn sun it was freakin hot out there 7 years ago.

Cheers, Rob

Boys and tractors...they'll remember that for ever.

Here's our John Deere MT, don't have any pictures of the B, it's torn apart and stuck in the back of the shed.

424281_305775962854915_1364175013_n.jpg

547862_305776069521571_1244339973_n.jpg

Beautiful narrow front MT!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I need to take some pictures of Dad's JD's. He's got a GP, A, and 2 B's. He still mows and cuts and splits the fire wood with them. The A and GP are hand start. As long as you know the trick, they start on the second cylinder up every time. They start better than the electric start B's. They are simple, durable and reliable as hell. You can't drag a 30' sied harrow with them but when horses fell out of favor in many farms all over the country, they were remarkably well designed machines for their day. I love the hand clutch...if it's in good working order they work slick. If they are sloppy, you can smash you fingers on the headlight. That is an experience you never forget. Purple fingers and loading hay all day don't go together very well. Ouch.

I guess I need to take some pictures of Dad's JD's. He's got a GP, A, and 2 B's. He still mows and cuts and splits the fire wood with them. The A and GP are hand start. As long as you know the trick, they start on the second cylinder up every time. They start better than the electric start B's. They are simple, durable and reliable as hell. You can't drag a 30' sied harrow with them but when horses fell out of favor in many farms all over the country, they were remarkably well designed machines for their day. I love the hand clutch...if it's in good working order they work slick. If they are sloppy, you can smash you fingers on the headlight. That is an experience you never forget. Purple fingers and loading hay all day don't go together very well. Ouch.

Ah memories! 4 generations here with the green!