2011 Volvo d13 Kingpin

s13muskrat

Ok our fleet runs alot of Volvos, and as of late I have been having major trouble with the kingpins going out. Trucks are always out of alignment and istay up on the greasing on my end. We have our alignments done by 3rd party (idk if they are just trying to get money out of us orwhat) but then again i dont know much about the wear and tear time on these things, like how long they should last, how often should i be changing these out? Whats the PM I should be doing on them?

I've never replaced or seen anyone replace one on the 2007s and newer. Do they have replaceable king pins? The older Volvo king pins were part of the axle, so the front axle was replaced. They were 2005ish. Have you replaced the kingpins? Seems like they would fall under warranty. I have no idea, sounds strange. It will be interesting to see what other people say.

Hmm, what kind of Volvo? station wagon, hatchback? I havent heard of any real front end issues, but being mostly set back axle trucks they are a little different thatn what Im used to. I wouldnt know what to think without more info, type of truck, axle type, axle/suspension rating, and what are you hauling? what kind and size of tires is a big factor also, an axle not made for floats has different hubs and putting floats on a 12k axle made for 11R22's will kill em quick, just as much with big tread on light front axles with heavy loads.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Is it the FXL style axle with the sealed hubs like Mack uses, I think Mack got this from Volvo. I have the whole service manual I can email you. The file is to big to post here. Just keep that top nut tight and you will never have any problems. We could take a new truck to any of our local alinment shops and they would want to rebuild the front end, it seems that way everywhere!

sb422008.pdf