replacement panels for F series cab

Hello all.

I'm based in the U.K and have a 76 F series with the hi roof, can someone tell me if they know of a supplier in the U.S that could ship me out some cab parts ?.

I have only very recently bought the truck so have yet to make up a proper list of parts that I'll need and work that will need to be done, so I'm trying to find a supplier of cab parts etc that would be willing to ship to the U.K.

I'll probably be ok for most of the mechanical and service parts as we have a Mack agent here, but there will obviously be a problem with things like cab parts etc as they will have long since been obsolete.

I would be very greatfull of any assistance.

Have you tried getting in contact with other owners in the UK and Netherlands??

New parts for F cabs are as rare as rocking horse droppings... but there are owners here that have parts trucks so you might get lucky as I don't believe there are any repro parts being made, someone correct me if wrong.

You have one of the rare high top cabs? I think there is only one in the US with most now in EU and I remember seeing one in the UK yonks ago.

Take a look at this old thread, you may want to PM the EU based owners and have a chat with them..

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/20383-newbie-in-the-uk/

there is a link in one of the messages to a TruckNet thread on Macks

another site, in the Netherlands, which you may have tried already

http://mackmuppet.skyrock.com/

on this thread you can find contact info for Reinder Meijer

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=50199.0

in the end, networking will be the way to go, exactly what you are doing here...

And there is a rule on this site.... no pictures, no answers..!!!! :loldude:

Welcome to the madness

BC Mack

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice and the links, obviously I'd thought that the U.S was the place to start looking, it's like looking for bits for scammells in the U.K, hopefully the folks in europe will be able to put me in the direction of some of the stuff i'm going to be looking for ???.

Kind regards folks.

sorry for the delay replying.

I wonder what the shipping cost would be for the fender and head light panels to the U.K ?.

I'm particularly looking out for cab side locker doors either NOS or some rust free used ones, this is probably a long shot but you never know ???.

I've only very recently bought the truck, the cab on it was restored about 10 years ago using a LOT of filler and it's got pretty rough again now from rain and frost damage, so the usual trouble spots like along the rain gutter, aroung the side lockers and under the floor etc need re working, looking forward to getting into it though

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Superdog.

When you say fender panels, do you mean the panel right under the cab doors that the aluminium kick pate i attatched to ?, if so I would certainly be interested in buying these from you if you would be willing to ship them over, maybe the headlight panels too if the cost is reasonable, I'm not sure how we get in touch away from this open forum to discuss the details ?.

Hi Superdog.

When you say fender panels, do you mean the panel right under the cab doors that the aluminium kick pate i attatched to ?, if so I would certainly be interested in buying these from you if you would be willing to ship them over, maybe the headlight panels too if the cost is reasonable, I'm not sure how we get in touch away from this open forum to discuss the details ?.

send me an email if you want

macksrus@mepotelco.net

4176mack

take a look at this site....

http://mackmuppet.skyrock.com/23.html

scroll down to second item..

just like yours but in not so good condition, right?

potential supplier for your needed parts, or even a donor truck... note, rear mounted engine..!!!

I'd jump on it except I'm on the left coast of Canada...

got to be a few more of those high roof F700's still lurking around EU scrappies...

I don't remember seeing too many F700's before I emigrated but the OHS trucks dropped into the dealership in London where I worked, we always strolled out to take a look.

BC Mack

post-10384-0-27979200-1361762016_thumb.j