RD bugshield

Is this the bugshield that is specifically designed for an RD with the sloped hood? Do i even have a sloped hood? The description says its for a late model RD and i just wanted to get the right one.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_45&products_id=248&zenid=38247c2d1601ba827bf538439cdd9673

Also there is this other company that swears they make the best bugshields designed to fit your truck. anyone heard of them?

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/armadillobugshields/the-Mack-Commercial-Trucks/Categories

Which bugshield do i choose on that site if i went that way?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I had the top one on 3 newer RD's.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ever heard of that company that makes the armidillo ones? I saw a ratty looking blue rd with a blue bugshield on today and i didnt like it, I would like to see some pictures if you have them please :)

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I cant find any pics of my RD's with bug shields I got into a phase where I took em all off I used em on all the Granites Ive had but the RD's seemed to look better without it to me and everybody herre had em so it was different without it. So heres some Granites with it on there, go to JP Chrome.com they have a ton ofMack chrome stuff, they have a stainless bug shield too, on the white RD Id go with the smoke one I had on these two Granites, its what I had on two of my white RD's but like I said after a while I decided they looked better without it.

post-5240-0-42977000-1359497026_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-70534900-1359497074_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...

The liscense plate hanger on the black truck covers up a tow pin hole, the piece of stainless on the bottom of the bumper between the lights on the white one folds up I made it on a stainless pin hinge.

Ok smart idea now I think I'm gonna call a guy and get one made. I have a RB688s can I still use my extended mounts from Mack?? Somebody mentioned I might have to use DM mounts for some reason. Combs manufacturing is under the same impression??.

I don't wanna be the guy to give a wrong measurement to Combs?? Any suggestions

Which bumper do you have and where are your tow points? do you have the angled back ends on a flat chrome bumper with the tow points under the front spring hangers?

if so, just make a stainless filler panel for the bottom of the bumper to make it look taller like the white truck above, on the tapered ends use double light brackets, or some plain stainless pieces and make the center panel the same height and the top attatched to the bumper by a full width stainless pin hinge. I had the center panel made by a fabrication shop and they put a half inch lip on the bottom to give it some rigidity and riveted the top edge to the stainless pin hinge with stainless rivets every 6 inches, then I used 5, 1/4" bolts to mount it to the bottom of the bumper. That truck had a tow pin in the middle but with the center panel on a hinge I could lift it up and run a strap to the tow points on each side under the spring hanger. On the black truck I removed the factory bumper brackets and made a new mount out of 3/4" plate that bolts to the factory mounting locations, I put a tow pin in the middle and used some 2" tube on each side to attatch the bumper to the bracket, I drilled and tapped the tube so the bolts just threaded into the bracket and held the bumper, then you just lift up the tag holder and put a strap into the pin. it looks plain with the bumper on it but if you pull it off there was a major piece of iron back there with my tow pin in it.