Hello From Kentucky

Mackpro

Hello , I've been working on Macks for 21 years now at a dealership here in kentucky. This is the only job I've have ever had and only work on Macks , mostly E-7 through MP7-8. Dont know much about the older stuff, pre-86 stuff that is and dont touch trannys except for Eaton Autoshift wiring .Im glad to be here on the fourm and help out with any questions the other members might have. Thanks and look forward to talking to you guys.

Welcome to BMT! Glad to have you and your experience here! How do you like the MP7 & 8's so far?

Yes,very good so far, the best thing is we have not had a single low power complaint, even the guys getting out of ASET-460p and going into MP-7 405 hp say they are very impressed with the power. The MP-8 485s are a blast to drive, reminds me of the old 500 hp V-8s. Drove a CHU MP-8 485 the other day and was doing 65mph in high gear and when you stomp the throttle pedal to the floor in 2 seconds you better have both hands on the wheel because it gets scary fast quick.

Yes,very good so far, the best thing is we have not had a single low power complaint, even the guys getting out of ASET-460p and going into MP-7 405 hp say they are very impressed with the power. The MP-8 485s are a blast to drive, reminds me of the old 500 hp V-8s. Drove a CHU MP-8 485 the other day and was doing 65mph in high gear and when you stomp the throttle pedal to the floor in 2 seconds you better have both hands on the wheel because it gets scary fast quick.

LOL...sounds good! We've been seeing the same results! I can't wait for the 16 liter MP's to come out! Should be all kinds of fun!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

LOL...sounds good! We've been seeing the same results! I can't wait for the 16 liter MP's to come out! Should be all kinds of fun!
When Mack comes out with the BIG horsepower i'm gonna ask Jeff to get me a Mack,when I wear that Peterbilt out!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

:mack1: i think the MP10 engine will come out in 2008 i hope it will be on the louisville show together whit the new CL we sow a sneek preview last june on the testcenter and hear them running on the test tracks it will be a monster MACK needs a heavy truck for there heavy haulage companys they take now petes en kw . it looks like the australien MACK trucks whit 2 airintakers on the side of the cab :mack1: greetings rene

We heard it was called the "STEAMROLLER PROJECT". Our general manager was there last year but nobody was allowed acess to view anything. I hope they leave it at the 625 hp and not detune it like they did with most of the Volvo trucks it was installed in. We heard that at full 625 hp only hendrikson walking beam supension would hold up to the torque, air bags couldnt hold it. At the MP&/MP8 Mack school I went to last april they had some of the 16L Volvo engines in the classroom and said it was the future MP10 with a few mods to pass EPA. It is a monster of a motor.