Will a 10 spd maxitorque trans fit where an 8LL was or?

Gmerrill0516

I was told to shift it at 1500 and no more as that is what a Mack likes...I do know that winding it tight gets me nowhere and it goes better at the lower rpms...I still like the quatraplex better...I guess I just need to spend the seat time and figure it out. Oh on more thing...no clutch after its rolling.

I don't double clucth either, just use it to pull out. My E7 454 does best at 1600 and 1700, we gross around 88 to 95,000 so i get alot of smoke if i shift any sooner, empty i shift at 14 or 1500, gets her rollin fast.

• 3 years later...

My experience with this problem has been shifter related in that position. When they pop out of the 1/5 position it's usually worn on the beveled edges of the gears and worn on the sliding clutches. A fuller "tune-up" is needed, replacing the gear, sliding clutch, and re-sealing it. The 310 maxitorque with the LL is pretty nice trans. A 10 fuller is shorter in length compared to an 8LL because the back half is longer for the deeper reduction.