Replacement Title

With so many of these trucks sold with a bill of sale only, how big of a pain in the rear is it to obtain a replacement title for the truck. Does anyone have any info on this. I reallize that every state is different in there rules and laws. Anyone have any experience doing this in Illinois?

I Had a similar case w/ a title on "olddog"

dont know bout the state of IL But here in TN on my dads b422t i had to get a replacement title in 97' AFTER BOUT 20 YEARS of his passing of involving an acicident of a diesel tank exoplosion on 76' a Chevy 1 ton service truck in 1977 .

to get it the State of TN Wanted me to get my mother TO SIGN AN AVIDAVID (which gave me to my grandparents to raise after dads death &does not have anything to do with me to this very day ) i told the state i havent seen her since i was 10 & my pop's (granddad) used "olddog" every day in the family excavating business in which they told me to get him to sign it then i went to Main DMV IN Memphis & got the tiltle

my granddad used the truck all through my childhood & up in my early 20's till 98 When DOT Made us go to a tandem tractor (1year after i got the title finally!!)

just my lil case w/ a title & talk to ya later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

With so many of these trucks sold with a bill of sale only, how big of a pain in the rear is it to obtain a replacement title for the truck. Does anyone have any info on this. I reallize that every state is different in there rules and laws. Anyone have any experience doing this in Illinois?

Hello,,I talked to friends in MN,, they said it took them 2 years to get a title,,,mailing things back and forth,,,who knows. Here in Ontario you go into a (privately operated) DMV with your bill of sale,,if the vehicle has not been plated for 5 years they have you sign a afadavit, pay sales tax and then hand you your new registration,,takes about 10 minutes

post-1720-1190826644_thumb.jpg