Probably for all the wrong reasons

kschilk

...or maybe not. Hi, my name's Kevin and I'm in nw PA. Can't say I'll be much of a participating member but when this forum popped up first on my search, it just seemed it might be fate intervening. I'll try to keep this short.

My Dad died two years ago, he was hardcore Mack all his life and was an Independent Trucker. I drove for him for several years, until economic conditions dictated that his business could only support one truck and I changed professions. He left me his last truck, an '87 R Model which I'm doubting I'll ever part with and a few older Macks...1 C Model tractor, 2 B Model tractors, 1 B Model dump truck and a 1970 or '72 R200 R Model. They're all single axles and the R200 has a wetline. I have been holding on to all of them but it's time to part with, well...at least most of them.

Naturally, I hope to get a fair price but my primary concern is the buyer's intent. I have had several offers and none got a chance to even talk money, I didn't approve of their intentions. I can't restore them, I don't have the time or funds but I want them to go to someone who will either restore them or use them to restore another Mack. I don't really need to sell them but despite my efforts to preserve them, their only destiny is to rot away if they remain here. I'd like these trucks to live on in a dignified manner, if at all possible. My Dad never requested this but I'm sure it's what he'd want. If anyone here is interested or can direct me to someone who might be, I'd greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site and sorry to hear if your fathers passing. If you have some pictures to post if the ones you want to sell, that can be helpful. I myself have been looking for a B model Mack so I would love to know what you have and prices you are thinking.

Welcome and I hope we can help you deal with what I know is a difficult decision for you to deal with. It's tough to have to deal with all of the things that bring back so many memories after a loved one passes.

Post the items in the for sale section. Likie many of us I assume you do not want the trucks to go to an exporter and you would really like to see them restored as a tribute to your Dad. I have gone through this and basically I "interviewed" each prospective buyer to try to ensure they would do what I wanted with the truck after they bought it. Not fool proof, and as my wife kept telling me "Once they own it, they can do whatever they like with it; it's theirs."

I would ask prospective purchasers if they are members of ATHS, SPAAMFAA, or ATCA. Chances are if they pay dues they are interested in the trucks for historical reasons, not profit. Good luck and I'm sure it will work out for you.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Welcome.

It's hard to get rid of the legacy that your father brought. But, as you said, some need to go.

Do you know overall condition of trucks? run? or not?

Many here could make GOOD use of them.

Seems the C is spoken for already. How 'bout a B instead.

Maybe Kober Trucking will take a trip to FLA.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Welcome.

It's hard to get rid of the legacy that your father brought. But, as you said, some need to go.

Do you know overall condition of trucks? run? or not?

Many here could make GOOD use of them.

Seems the C is spoken for already. How 'bout a B instead.

Maybe Kober Trucking will take a trip to FLA.

You never know, Im heading down that way this coming summer. Hope this guy comes back online... Really been looking for a C model.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"