Mack Cf Engine Sounds

I'm a dutch professional fire fighter and as an hobby I make scale models of (mostly) american fire trucks.

Currently I'm working on a big scale ( 1:14) radio controlled Mack CF, with a Baker Aerialscope. This will be a model based on the early 70's New York 75" Tower Ladders.

On this forum I hope to find extra information on Mack fire trucks. To make decals I need clear photo's of the Mack logo's on the Cab, the CF600 letters and so on.

The model will be outfitted with a sound print that will record original sounds. So who can record the engine sound of a Mack CF, starting, running idle, speeding up, and shutting off.

Is there anyone on this forum who owns a Mack CF Aerialscope ?

Thanks for any help,

Fred

The 1:14 scale model next to a 1:64 Code 3 scale model.

100_1068.jpg

The CF Aerialscope looks great. I do not have a CF and I do not think we have any site members with a CF aerialscope. I am a firefighter and live about 100 miles from New York City and have some connections with FDNY that might be able to get you the details or a picture from the remaining FDNY CF aerialscopes that are in reserve.

I know that Allentown PA still has a Mack CF Aerialscope in service and although I do not know anyone personally I am sure we can get you a contact there if that would work.

Keep up the good work and how about doing a Mack B Model Pumper? or B Model Ladder, I have 1955 B model ladder in the next fire station if that would be a good next model project for you!

Good Luck,

Firemack

• 2 weeks later...

Fred,

Here is a picture of the Allentown CF, which is like your model it has single rear axle, I also saw another Aerialscope and a CF ladder this weekend at at Parade in Pennsylvania. I posted pictures of the CF's in an album on this site called CF Aerialscopes so you can see them.

I tried to get the serial number plate from the truck but the camera is not good enough (so the picture is blurred) so if you want the data let me know we can call them.

I also heard about another very clean aerialscope nearby and maybe can get info on that truck. Let me know.

Firemack

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, that is a nice truck. This weekend there was a big Mack Event here in Holland. There were several Mack trucks, B, F and even older types. Unfortunatly no CF fire truck, but I managed to take some pictures of the Mack logo on the Hubcaps, the engine hood etc. I need these to make the decals

If you can help me out with more pictures I would appriciate that very much. I need close up shots of warning signs, instructions, and instrumentpanels to make proper decals.

Hi Tower Ladder,

I tried to get a close up of the serial number plate, but my camera does not do a good job on close up's it is blurry. I will check out another camera to see if I can get one that will work and then try to get back to see the aerialscope (about an hour away) to get the pictures. It is also the very first one so may not have all of the tags etc that you would find on the later models.

Firemack

• 4 weeks later...

Work is going on, and the Mack tower ladder is now painted red. It is the first coat, and it will be polished before I will put on a second layer.

100_1331.jpg

Still need some help with several details:

- close-up pictures of the dashboard, to make proper decals.

- the nameplate of Aerialscope "75 on the boom

- recorded original Mack engine sounds, starting, running idle, speeding up, and with the PTO switched on the operate the boom.

Who can help me, or knows a Mack CF Aerialscope nearby and is willing to take some pictures. :mack1:

• 2 months later...

Tower Ladder- I just saw this thread, are you still in need of pictures? I see that the back of your cab is the straight/flat style which only FDNY purchased- I have some 1/25th scale FDNY decal sets- numbers, letters, door decals, etc. if you are interested in them.

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

No thanks, I already have a friend who will make me a special decalsheet in 1:14 scale with all the logo's and many extra 's I found on the Internet like the Baker nameplate and the Aerialscope sign on the boom.

The only thing I need is some one who can get me in to contact with a F.D. who still operates a Mack CF Aerialscope so I can have the typical engine sound recorded.

• 14 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...