GMC C70

JTFormula

I figured for $1600 as the buy it now and if he took less, how can you really go wrong if it runs and drives ok. Needs a 5th wheel or a proper gooseneck ball and it would be a cool car hauler. I found a 4 car trailer on Craigslist for $4500 and a boatload of three car haulers for similar cash. Nice carrier for my classic car shop. We would only use it about 10 times a year so fuel mileage wouldn't be that much of an issue.

A fellow around here had a pretty good size fleet of tandem dumps in the '80s with 427 engines and 5x2 setups, and they ran and pulled well with no major issues that I know of.

I could have bought a 1960,61,or 62 C-80 once for $500. It was a single axle,5spd,2 speed rear,no body on it,good cab,just a little rust on the fenders,and it had a good running 348 engine in it. The owner didn't have a title but he said he'd help me get a title for it. I've wished ever since i'd bought it, the engine was worth the asking price.

Don't know what ever became of it,but the man who had it was killed just a year or so ago when a tree he was cutting fell on him.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Well my bid was canceled and the seller never returned my email questions. The auction says Item no longer available so obviously he sold it before the end of the auction.

Oh we'll no big deal. I found a 74 Brockway 358 for sale in Hazleton Pa for $1500. Prob a better truck for similar money. Needs tires though.

Jt if u find out where In hazelton I might be able to stop and look at it for u as I'm heading home from Lowville ny in the morning

I shot the guy an email. I have your number. If I don't hear from him by the morning don't worry about it. If I do, I'll call you. Thanks for the offer.

This one is set up as a "barn dump"- that's when a barn is installed on the chassis instead of a regular dump body. When it's time to empty all the corn you just open the barn doors and raise it up. Works better when the doors are on the end instead of on the sides as shown here.

post-1374-0-48579200-1351206718_thumb.jp

Wow you have too much free time on your hands. Lol

This is true. I should have gone to Chester W.V. today with a load of Kyanite but I went to the eye doctor. My vision got blurry in my right eye last week, left eye is fine. The Dr. dilated my pupils to look inside the eye, but she didn't see anything out of the ordinary. So when I left there I couldn't see well out of either eye, had to call Jo to come pick me up. I might just need stronger glasses, but after she dilated them she couldn't test the eye glasses prescription, so I have to go back next Friday. I really got nothing accomplished today.