Cost Of New Brakes

beatngu

What would the average cost of new drums and what not be for the older trucks? if a tire/wheel size is needed for this price, I will run to the junkyard tommarow night. I would guess that it will need all new brakes, seems how it is only used once a year, and has not been touched after '84.

What would the average cost of new drums and what not be for the older trucks? if a tire/wheel size is needed for this price, I will run to the junkyard tommarow night. I would guess that it will need all new brakes, seems how it is only used once a year, and has not been touched after '84.

I whent to the other web site that you posted and i don see any reason to go back to it again because there is no reason to have to read dirty talk like that is left there. there is better ways of conmucating than that.but to tell you the cost to do a brake job tell us what it is and how old and what kind of brakes is it stopmaster or cam brakes and is out board or inboard and how many axles. is it air brakes?The age of truck does not mean that the brakes are bad . glenn

glenn akers

That has nothing at all to do with this topic. The truck does have air brakes., tandem axel. I have no clue of what the whole "inline" and such are.

now i have enough info to tell you how it will coast if you do it 50.00 dollars per alxe and if shop does it 75.00 dollars

so juat be safe bring about 110.00dollars and tell mthe man your are in ahurry and maybe he will save you some time. glenn

glenn akers

400 for parts? Thats way too cheap for everything. Slacks are 100 a piece, drums are 70-90 depending who makes em and what they are. Scams are somehwhere between 80 and 100 a piece. I cant remeber what shoes are off hand but somewhere around 40-50 i would think for 1 set but i may be wrong. We figure 10-12 hours labor for a complete brake job on a dayton hub truck.

I was just kiddin. That sounds right for manual adjust. I thought you were talkin about automatics. Its amazing how expensive a brake job can get when you start doin everything. I can get a truck in and out that just needs shoes and drums in no time but once you start doin chambers and slacks and bearings and s cam bushings and everything else the time really starts to add up quick.